INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: User created variables? Input dialog to prompt for user created variable values?  (Read 512 times)

rbmjr

• World Citizen

I would like to know if it would be possible for Media Center to allow user created variables and if Media Center could prompt for the entry of a value into these user created variables?

If the features already exist would someone please point me to information on how to create and how to use.If not, here is how I envision user variables and Media Center prompts to work.

In my Smarlist before the Rules button there would be a Variables button that resembles the Rules button in style and features as well as an Add new Variable button. Under the Variables button would be fields, perhaps three across. The first field would be where the user selects something like "Prompt for" the second field would be where the user would enter the "variable name" and the third field would be for the "prompt" to display on the screen like "Enter the number of tracks to select" Then when the user chooses the Smarlist a dialog box could appear on the screen prompting the user to "Enter the number of tracks to select" along with an input field to capture the "variable name" value. When the user clicks OK the value entered by the user would be placed into the variable and the variable and its value would be available to the remainder of the Smartlist. In this example the "variable name" would be used to provide the user entered "variable value" to a Modify Results item like "Limit number to"  This would make Smartlist so much more flexible than the process I go through now of editing the smartlist and manually changing the value.

Does this feature already exist? If so where can I find out how to use it?
Pages: [1]   Go Up