INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HOW to switch from 5.1 DTS to 2.0 FLAC track within .MKA files ??  (Read 872 times)

A64

Dear all,

just bought JRiver Linux. So far I'm very satisfied, however I can't figure out how to switch from 5.1 (DTS) track to the 2.0 FLAC track in .MKA files. Lots of my material is in this format and I really find it easy to switch onto 2.0 FLAC under VLC Player, Foobar, whatever more sophisticated software I use, but under JRiver where  is this ?  :'(

Can it happen I can't play 2.0 FLAC tracks from .MKA containers with such an extensive, fully-fledged software ?  :o

Of course downmixing I don't want to use, that's not the same like playing the dedicated originally 2.0 mastered FLAC track.

Thanks.
Topping E30 *** DIY 6N1P+6N6P OTL headphone amp *** Takstar Pro 82

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: HOW to switch from 5.1 DTS to 2.0 FLAC track within .MKA files ??
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 11:10:05 am »

You can select the audio track you want by using the OSD (on screen display).  Up, down, left, and right arrows.

A64

Re: HOW to switch from 5.1 DTS to 2.0 FLAC track within .MKA files ??
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 12:15:32 pm »

Sure, it works. By track I didn't mean track 1-2-3-4.... which I'd rather call 'chapter'..  but there's an embedded 5.1 material and a 2.0 flac material as well.
I'm searching for where I can choose to play the 2.0 flac material, because when I start the music I see the source is still the 6ch part + downmix, instead of pure flac 2.0.

See attachments.

The tonal balance and everything is also quite different, VLC playing the raw 2.0 FLAC from the .MKA file JRiver presenting me the downmixed 6ch version.

So: how can I play the flac 2.0 from the .MKV ? It should be and easy switch I assume somewhere...  ?
Topping E30 *** DIY 6N1P+6N6P OTL headphone amp *** Takstar Pro 82
Pages: [1]   Go Up