INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC28 - Which Features To Turn OFF For Music Play Only?  (Read 573 times)

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
MC28 - Which Features To Turn OFF For Music Play Only?
« on: October 17, 2021, 01:31:41 am »

It looks like MC28 by default enabled a whole bunch of features that I do not want or need.  I only use MediaCenter to play music and do nothing more -- no video play, no disc burning, no remote control, no disc ripping, etc.

I turned many of these off.  Are there more I can turn off to simply play music files?  For example, do I need "Data Support"?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC28 - Which Features To Turn OFF For Music Play Only?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 06:35:40 pm »

What's your reason for doing it?

You can try things there without worrying about causing problems, unless you try to use something you turned off.

Data is Documents.  Word files, for example.

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC28 - Which Features To Turn OFF For Music Play Only?
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 07:05:28 am »

What's your reason for doing it?

You can try things there without worrying about causing problems, unless you try to use something you turned off.

Data is Documents.  Word files, for example.

Thanks.  I will experiment to find the bare minimum needed to meet my usage scenario.

As for the reason, MC28 makes changes to the system that I do not wish or need.  ASIO and WDM driver are perfect examples.  If I never use ASIO or WDM to connect to MC28, why make this change to my system?  This is exposed to applications I use, and disabling it reduces the options to them for selection.  I have many already, so reducing this clutter helps me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up