INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Awesome Donkey - is DSP active even when disabled?  (Read 1198 times)

wayne13

• Recent member
Awesome Donkey - is DSP active even when disabled?
« on: October 17, 2021, 02:43:20 pm »

So I recently installed JRiver on a Pi4 (I already run it on a Windows machine) in preparation for creating a i2s streamer.

Initial running showed anything above 16 bit and 44.1 was converted via both USB and Bridge II to 24/48k (for example, 24 bit/96khz material) according to my Directstream DAC.  Note - when using USB, the indicator turned blue to indicate bit-perfect output.

DSP was NOT enabled.

After much finagling, I realized the network settings was converting instead of "as original," so that's all set.

I could NOT get USB to output "as original" until I enabled DSP, and set all the conversion settings to "no change."

Once I did that, the Directstream was reporting proper bit and sampling rates.

I then disabled DSP, and everything was still fine.

Does this mean DSP is actually active despite being disabled?  If I didn't have a DAC that showed bit/sample rate, I would not have known this was happening.

wayne13

• Recent member
Re: Awesome Donkey - is DSP active even when disabled?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2021, 07:59:54 pm »

Not sure if it's "legal" to bump, but I noticed some info was missing so modified the post.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 03:28:35 pm »

In the Options under Audio->Advanced, make sure that auto-configure on playback failure is off.
Also choose an audio device which is either hw: front: etc.
Don't choose a plughw: device.

wayne13

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2021, 01:33:12 pm »

That worked - thanks.  Out of curiosity, what is happening when that is ON?  What would be "failing," as everything SEEMS to operate fine (nothing failing that I can tell)?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2021, 03:56:11 pm »

That worked - thanks.  Out of curiosity, what is happening when that is ON?  What would be "failing," as everything SEEMS to operate fine (nothing failing that I can tell)?
If you had just played one track with a sample rate that couldn't be handled it would have done that approximate guess about what rates could work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up