INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Navigation Tips / Setup  (Read 1795 times)

tomx2

• Junior Woodchuck
Navigation Tips / Setup
« on: November 06, 2021, 02:19:03 pm »

Hello,
Is there a way to, in theater view, to navigate to an artists catalog (albums) rather than a list of songs?

I've struggled with this for some time and have never found a way. In other words, when playing an artist, in 'info' view i would like to be able to choose the artist and be taken to that artists albums rather than a long list that requires me to individually choose each song to get an additional album to play. Choosing 'more' and 'toggle list style' does not change the view.

I've attached three images that illustrate.... what i'm poorly trying to describe! 1st one shows where i start my navigation. The 2nd shows where i like to be taken. 3rd shows where it takes me currently. Hope this makes sense.

thanks for any help you can lend, Tom

tomx2

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Navagation Tips / Setup
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2021, 10:37:02 am »

Choosing 'more' and 'toggle list style' does not change the view.

-t

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2021, 07:26:31 am »

I think that when pressing link MC always opens all the items with that value without any grouping and there is no way to change it

tomx2

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2021, 01:52:13 pm »

Thanks lepa,
Understood. Got to wonder why the "toggle list style" is even there if does nothing. Anyway it is what it is, i can navigate where i want by working around, just takes several clicks to do it. Was just thinking that i was missing something since the "toggle list stlye" option is displayed.

-t

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2021, 01:18:39 pm »

Toggle list style just cycles through different presentations of the items filtered to the view by the link press but it doesn't know anything about how you would like to group those files.

There could be perhaps be another toggle for cycling different goupings but as item can have x number of fields to group by it probably should be limited somehow to some fields only. There is no such toggle in theaterview currently. You could of course make request for it and maybe JRiver devs will bite...

tomx2

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2021, 02:14:48 pm »

I am having problems with figuring out how to setup my videos. I have in theater view: Video>Movies>Home Videos>Other (I'm sure that once i figure that out i will be a similar setting to get my Images setup as well). But after reading - https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/File_Location_Settings - i am confused, as to how to get my video files (MP4, mpg) to be seen in under "Movies". I created a test folder told jriver where it is (options>file location>ripped DVD Video, i see no setting for movies), but it does not show up under Videos>Movies in theater view.

Would someone be willing to point me in the right direction/help me with what i am doing wrong?

Thanks, Tom

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Navigation Tips / Setup
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2021, 05:21:18 pm »

Could you start a new topic with an appropriate subject?

Media Type and Media Subtype tags determine where the file will appear.

Also, Carnac might be useful:  https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Carnac

tomx2

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Navigation Tips / Setup
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2021, 05:34:04 pm »

Oops, i thought "Navigation Tips and Setup" described my question.
Thanks for the suggestions.

-t
Pages: [1]   Go Up