INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Show all files and stuff  (Read 1697 times)

Yangus

• Junior Woodchuck
Show all files and stuff
« on: March 24, 2003, 11:18:40 am »

MC always starts up with Show All Files selected. Is there a way to start it with Show Only Audio Files as the default?

Also, I've made a smartlist to show only tracks that have been ripped as opposed to downloaded but when I switch to it it shows the album art for each file even though I  have Thumbnails (album group if logical) selected. The same files are properly grouped in Media Library.

One more thing. When I made the above smartlist I had to resort to using a custom field which I have to remember to fill after ripping. Is there a way I can build a smartlist based on the path?

Any help appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Show all files and stuff
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2003, 11:46:00 am »

It will always start that way.  There is no way to disable it.  When it was otherwise, we had problems with people saying, "Where's my library?"

Yangus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2003, 12:31:48 pm »

That's a bummer. Couldn't it be an option? Guess I'll have to put up with MC showing me all my folder.jpg's every time it starts up.
That reminds me, any chance of an option to save downloaded art as folder.jpg in the download directory?

Also, anything on my other two questions?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2003, 01:27:58 pm »

One more thing. When I made the above smartlist I had to resort to using a custom field which I have to remember to fill after ripping. Is there a way I can build a smartlist based on the path?

Even though the help file is still for version 8, most of the search information still applies.

For filename searches, an example would be:

filename=[c:\music"
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Yangus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2003, 02:12:09 pm »

Thanks Matt, had a look and used Location= which did the trick but I still can't get the thumbnails to group.
Is this a bug or am I not doing something right?

Cheers

Yangus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2003, 08:36:04 am »

Also, I've made a smartlist to show only tracks that have been ripped as opposed to downloaded but when I switch to it it shows the album art for each file even though I  have Thumbnails (album group if logical) selected. The same files are properly grouped in Media Library.

Just a reminder of the unanswered question from my original post. Shouldn't be too hard to answer.
Is it:
a) a bug
b) something I've neglected to do
c) just the way smartlists work

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2003, 09:21:50 am »

Not sure.  Try changing the list view setting.

Yangus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2003, 12:34:07 pm »

Well Jim, why not try and reproduce it?
Go to any audio smartlist, go to List Style (List View?) and select Thumbnails (album group if logical) what do you see? Are they grouped or are they not?
If yours are grouped then there must be something wrong my end.
If yours are not grouped and they are supposed to be then there must be something wrong your end.
Can you have a look and then maybe we can decide what's going on?

Thank you.

dragyn

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2003, 02:36:48 pm »

Here's a workaround for the time being:

Put the smartlist into Media Library. Create a view scheme, add the smartlist as your search criteria. Select a component (Artist), rename the view scheme as your smartlist (optional)......then do your album grouping and it will work.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2003, 05:31:44 pm »

We'll try to fix this in one of the coming builds.  If we forget, just remind us in the bug thread.

Thanks for helping.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Yangus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2003, 08:11:19 am »

Have a couple of posts gone missing from this thread?

Thanks for the tip Dragyn.

Matt, thanks for the input and, while you're there can I just say that while I think MC is a great piece of software, it's just a bit fiddly to use (in my case anyway).
We've already established that I must change the view to Show only audio files every time I run MC, I can live with that but it'd be nice to have an option that could be set.
I also have to keep switching between list styles as I drill down through the tree. For instance, it seems logical to me that starting from Artist/Album, you would click on an artist and see album thumbnails in the center and then when you click on an album it would show the track details. As it stands I have to change the list styles back and for as I move between artist and album.
I know this is small stuff but I'm sure that when you release the full version, you'll want it to be the best.

Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up