INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver for Android : any way to create custom views ?  (Read 2330 times)

rudyrednose

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
JRiver for Android : any way to create custom views ?
« on: December 01, 2021, 11:52:41 am »

Greetings,

Are there ways to create custom views in JRiver for Android ?

Cheers.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver for Android : any way to create custom views ?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 06:18:42 pm »

I don't think so.  Only what's in the settings in the app.

BradATIMA

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 09:18:03 am »

If you're loading a library from a library server, you can configure the view from the server. You just need to restart the client and server after making any changes. If you're using a local library on the Android device, then not really. This hasn't been implemented for local libraries yet.

rudyrednose

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 09:21:44 am »

Ok, thank you Brad.

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2022, 03:42:00 pm »

If you're loading a library from a library server, you can configure the view from the server. You just need to restart the client and server after making any changes. If you're using a local library on the Android device, then not really. This hasn't been implemented for local libraries yet.

Are you referring to the 'Customize views for JRemote, Gizmo, and Panel' setting under Media Network options? If not, how do you configure the view for JRiver for Android? After getting my remote library to load (a current problem that's been brought up in another thread), I'd like to try changing the views. The default is pretty basic and probably the ugliest UI of all my apps on my Shield. But... when I can get my library to load, it works. So, I'll take ugly and working.

BradATIMA

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2022, 05:03:59 pm »

Are you referring to the 'Customize views for JRemote, Gizmo, and Panel' setting under Media Network options? If not, how do you configure the view for JRiver for Android? After getting my remote library to load (a current problem that's been brought up in another thread), I'd like to try changing the views. The default is pretty basic and probably the ugliest UI of all my apps on my Shield. But... when I can get my library to load, it works. So, I'll take ugly and working.

Yes. Using "Customize views for JRemote, Gizmo & Panel" is the only way to modify the category layout when using a loaded library on Android.
Pages: [1]   Go Up