INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sleigh Ride by Leroy Anderson  (Read 2114 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Sleigh Ride by Leroy Anderson
« on: December 01, 2021, 07:07:46 pm »

I'm listening to Antenna's Xmas playlist just uploaded to Cloudplay.  Thanks, Antenna!

One of the songs was Leroy Anderson's Sleigh Ride.  I found it on Youtube:

I played trumpet in the 9th grade orchestra and this was a lot of fun to play.  I battled with the first chair trumpeter so I could do the solo.  The horse whinny at the end was the prize.

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Sleigh Ride by Leroy Anderson
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 04:16:27 pm »

Hi Jim -

Thanks for the compliment.

I like the version of Sleigh Ride by Squirrel Nut Zippers that I included on the playlist.  They seem to convey a sort of happy energy in the songs they play.  I like their style.  Their version of Sleigh Ride conveys that.

I remember the version that you noted on youtube.  That is the classic version I remembered from days gone by.  I may even have it on vinyl but if I do, it is probably tucked away in one of the far corners of a spare bedroom upstairs.  I could send out an expedition, but it probably wouldn't yield results until the holiday playlists for Christmas 2022 are created.   ;D

=========
Vinyl: Shure V15VxMR, Shure VN5MR stylus, VPI Scout turntable
Shellac: Shure M91, Shure N75-3 stylus,  Dual 1218 turntable

Apt Holman preamp (updated), Benchmark Media ADC-1, Benchmark Media DAC-1, Carver TFM-45 power amp (updated), Original Acoustic Research AR-9 speakers (LF surrounds replaced), Sennheiser HD590 headphones
Pages: [1]   Go Up