INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA renderer loses sync, stops at end of song, then disappears, reappears later  (Read 1704 times)

dburna

• Recent member

I am using 27.0.85 but was previously using a lower 27 version - same problem. If I put an album into a DLNA renderer (Element Matrix i streamer/DAC), it will play one or two songs, then playback stops at the end of a song. Going to the renderer and trying to restart playback causes one of two problems (seems to alternate):

1. Render goes offline (disappears) and comes back a minute or two later.
2. Renderer stays online (doesn't disappear) but MC27 generates the following error: "The was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device. Double-check your device, server and network settings." Then a second error message: "Something went wrong with playback," after which the renderer goes offline, and reappears a minute or two later.

Shutting down MC27 and restarting brings the renderer back and play can continue...for one or two songs, after which the problem comes up again. Very frustrating. Somehow, MC27 seems to be losing sync with the renderer.

FWIW, I have never had this problem with the Element Matrix i using any other software.

NOTE: this is using wireless streaming. Any thoughts on what I how I can resolve this?

Thank you, Dave

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Try a  wired connection just to rule out a problem with the wireless network.

dburna

• Recent member

Wired connection works fine -- always has. My issue is that I am trying the move the client further away from the renderer (same room), so a USB connection is no longer feasible.

Thanks, Dave

Try a  wired connection just to rule out a problem with the wireless network.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

The wireless connection may just be too weak.

You could try Ethernet over Powerline adaptors.

dburna

• Recent member

The wireless connection may just be too weak.

You could try Ethernet over Powerline adaptors.

You are correct, sir. This is a network issue. I think I am able to remove the device sync issues by reconfiguring my room and repositioning the antenna on my renderer. Weird issue, but there you have it. So far, so good.

Thank you for your help, -dGB
Pages: [1]   Go Up