INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issues with MC25 freezing and now stuck wider than my screen  (Read 1551 times)

wedgeworld1701

• Recent member
Issues with MC25 freezing and now stuck wider than my screen
« on: December 31, 2021, 12:32:53 pm »

I'm running MC25 on a 2008 Mac Pro using El Capitan.
In February MC25 started freezing (spinning apple color wheel of doom). It would also then lock up my Mac.
I was given instructions to delete specific files and reinstall and renew license.
This worked (sadly I can not find the instructions).
So I deleted what I thought needed to be deleted, reinstalled MC25 and renewed the license.
It froze again. It was freezing more often when trying to load a folder of AIFF files. So I loaded those files (24/96) into itunes 10 and they played and converted to lossless just fine. So it does not seem to be the files.
Also, now MC25 is wider than my screen and while I can make it bigger or smaller from top to bottom it will not let me make it smaller left to right as I can not grab and drag the lower right corner, it is off the screen.
None of the options under view have helped either.

So if someone could please direct me to where I can properly uninstall everything I need to remove off my Mac so I can try again to reinstall and renew the license, I would appreciate it.

I only use my JRiver to convert file formats for which I find it does a superb job.

Thank you in advance

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Issues with MC25 freezing and now stuck wider than my screen
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 01:47:38 pm »

If this began after an OS update, please try MC28.

wedgeworld1701

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2021, 02:25:23 pm »

If this began after an OS update, please try MC28.

This is a 2008 Mac running El Cap. There have not been any OS updates for this machine in a while. This Mac can not run any OS after El Capitan.
I find Media Center very.... difficult to use, from a Mac user point of view. For this reason I do not wish to pay for a newer version.
This is also why I use MC as a format converter and nothing else.

I expect I need to trash many library and possible other files to correctly install (reinstall) MC25.

wedgeworld1701

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2021, 05:04:11 pm »

Also now getting a Crash stating "JRWorker quit unexpectedly" though the software seems to be running other than that for now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up