INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automate adding data to existing media file? (Spotify)  (Read 2243 times)

difool

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Automate adding data to existing media file? (Spotify)
« on: January 10, 2022, 04:33:02 am »

After finally accepting that there will never be a nice robust workflow to get my music collection synced to my iPhone via MC (no hard feelings, I fully understand why  ;D) I bit the bullet and committed to spotify for my on-the-go music "needs".

To facilitate this I cobbled together a python script which creates Spotify playlists from .m3u files via their web api. It was basically a lock-down project I started without much optimism but it actually works great even with big playlists. If there is enough interest I can open a thread but beware: it is definitely amateur-work-in-progress.

The script controls the search function from spotify and I retrieve spotify-ids for the tracks which then are fed into spotify playlists. Sometimes I have to manually adjust the search terms to get the correct version of the track. But at the end I have spotify ids for the tracks in the .m3u created by MC.

How could I get these back into MC so that the next time I want to create a spotify playlist I could just export a list with those ids to directly feed into the api without going through the spotify search?

I looked around in the COM automation part of the wiki but it didn't really click for me where to start...
Any suggestions?

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Automate adding data to existing media file? (Spotify)
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 07:26:23 am »

On the DevZone page, take a look at the MCWS interface.  No idea if you can make it work.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

difool

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Automate adding data to existing media file? (Spotify)
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2022, 01:58:01 pm »

Thanks!

The Python wrapper would close the loop perfectly. Unfortunately I hit a roadblock getting it to run. Posted it in the corresponding thread.

Made some proof-of-concept progress calling MCWS directly so I am fairly optimistic that I will get it done this way or the other  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up