INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to display file names in Theater Mode?  (Read 1323 times)

bogdanbz

• World Citizen
How to display file names in Theater Mode?
« on: January 15, 2022, 01:10:57 pm »

In Standard Mode it's possible to customize the columns shown for file list views. I use it to display the file name instead of the title of media files, using the "Filename (name)" column for sub-nodes of the "Drives & Devices".

However, the choice does not seem to be used in Theater Mode by the "Gadgets -> Explorer" view. I toggled list style in this view to have the list of files displayed, but I noticed that it shows only one column: the title from the media file. Since this is not always filled with the right info, it's hard to figure out what files I am looking at.

Is it possible to configure the Theater View to show the "Filename (name)" column instead of the "Title" one?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to display file names in Theater Mode?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 02:44:13 pm »

Theater View has its own customization options.  Tools > Options > Theater View.

bogdanbz

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2022, 10:55:28 am »

Indeed, it has. And I knew about it. I did not find any info in the wiki how to customize what is shown in the Explorer list view though, that's why I asked. The wiki Theater View page simply lists the settings without much info on what those settings do.

Maybe the "Customize file info panel" would be what I need, but I don't understand the purpose of the templates in the dialog and the fields and where they are used. And if there is a wiki page which describes this, I did not find it.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 10:20:38 pm »

AFAIK the Explorer gadget in Theater View is not configurable.
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

Messerschmidt

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2022, 08:21:28 pm »

It would be better to display the full filename in the explorer gadget. Is there a file that can be edited to achieve this or anything?
Pages: [1]   Go Up