INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to organize Bonus Features from movie discs – Revisited  (Read 1313 times)

elprice7345

• World Citizen
How to organize Bonus Features from movie discs – Revisited
« on: January 21, 2022, 01:13:52 am »

I have followed much of the great advice in these posts from long ago to display my movies with the bonus features/extras in a group beside the movie in Theater View.

How to organize Bonus Features from movie discs?: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,88834.msg609501.html#msg609501
How To: Organize Episodic Movies for Theater View: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=78198.0

I've tagged:
  • The movie and its extras with the [Series] tag populated with [Name][(Year)]. Example: "Code 8 (2019)"
  • Extras with [Media Sub Type]=Other
  • Extras with [Season]=Extras. [Season] is blank for the movie.

I'm using 2 expressions to group the movie and extras:
  • TVInfo(SeriesDisplay)
  • If(IsEmpty([Season]),TVInfo(SeriesDisplay),[Season]) to group the movie and extras by [Series]
It works, but isn't as "pretty" as I would like it.

1st question (from the First Screen jpg): When a movie grouping contains extras, how can I force it to display the movie cover art on top of the "stacked" images? "Code 8" is as I would like it to display. "Free Guy" ... not so much.

2nd question (from the Second Screen jpg: When I drill into a movie grouping, how can I force the movie to display first and the extras to follow?

elprice7345

• World Citizen
Re: How to organize Bonus Features from movie discs – Revisited
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2022, 04:46:21 pm »

Can anyone answer this question?

1st question (from the First Screen jpg): When a movie grouping contains extras, how can I force it to display the movie cover art on top of the "stacked" images? "Code 8" is as I would like it to display. "Free Guy" ... not so much.

I figured out the 2nd question: I assign a date to the Extras that is after the release date of the movie and sort by Date.

2nd question (from the Second Screen jpg: When I drill into a movie grouping, how can I force the movie to display first and the extras to follow?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2022, 04:49:44 pm »

I think you can right click on a file and say use as cover or something like that.

elprice7345

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2022, 06:54:39 pm »

@jimh - Where would that option be? I can't find it.

If there isn't a way to do this, could the functionality be added?

elprice7345

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2022, 07:17:32 pm »

Can anyone help answer my questions?

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2022, 08:47:43 am »

For the second question, you can define a sorting for every level you have defined - if you eg. sort by Season on the level that differentiates movie and extras, the "empty" season of the movie should sort to the front.

As for the stacked images, I don't think there is a way to influence the order, because it has no reference what any of the files are and what might have a higher priority.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

elprice7345

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2022, 03:17:49 pm »

Thanks @hendrick!

2nd question is answered.

Regarding my first question, since there isn't a way to control which image appears on top of the image stack, I'd like to request this functionality be added.

Is this post sufficient to make the request or is there another process?
Pages: [1]   Go Up