INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recordings missing with Subscription cleanup set to:"Keep at Most XX Episodes"  (Read 2446 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I have a daily recording subscription (Mon-Thursday) on 2 servers. One set at 10 the other at 5.

This has been working flawlessly in the last year or 2 but stopped working since Jan 20 on the 2 machines.

It will just keep the old 5 or 10 recordings and not record new ones on those 2 PCs so I missed this week's recordings.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!

I have a daily recording subscription (Mon-Thursday) on 2 servers. One set at 10 the other at 5.

This has been working flawlessly in the last year or 2 but stopped working since Jan 20 on the 2 machines.

It will just keep the old 5 or 10 recordings and not record new ones on those 2 PCs so I missed this week's recordings.

Any messages in the TV Logs?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imeric

• MC Beta Team

Any messages in the TV Logs?
Nope, nothing at all on both machines. The problem started on Jan 20th so I suspect something happened with a release which came out on the 20th?  I'll check..

Code: [Select]
28.0.102 (1/18/2022)

1. Changed: When picking a continuous mode other than off, the program makes sure it is not removing files from playing now (and errors and changes the setting if it is).

Doesn't seem related...

Yaobing

• Administrator

Doesn't seem related...

Right.  There has not been much change in the last couple of builds.

imeric

• MC Beta Team

Definitely something wrong...
I deleted all 5 recordings on one PC and it recorded. (Configured to keep 5 episodes)
The other didn't as I left all 10 previous recordings. (Configured to keep 10 episodes)

Both of these PC's have similar subscriptions for a max of 3 episodes and these work just fine...Very strange.

I didn't change anything on my subscriptions so it has to-do with something changed in one of the latest versions (*.100,*.101 or *.102)

Yaobing

• Administrator

Too strange.  There have not been much change in recent builds, and certainly nothing I can think of that would prevent recording from happening.  Are you sure the affected channels actually work (that they have signals)?

As for "Keep only xx episodes" option, MC periodically delete extra episodes, but it should not affect new recordings.  If it works for "keep only 3 episodes", there is no reason why it should not work for "keep only 10 episodes".

Yaobing

• Administrator

Please restart the server where you think you might still have problem and keep an eye on it.  If it still does not record today, send me a log file.

imeric

• MC Beta Team

Too strange.  There have not been much change in recent builds, and certainly nothing I can think of that would prevent recording from happening.  Are you sure the affected channels actually work (that they have signals)?

As for "Keep only xx episodes" option, MC periodically delete extra episodes, but it should not affect new recordings.  If it works for "keep only 3 episodes", there is no reason why it should not work for "keep only 10 episodes".

Yes channels work as the other similar subscriptions are on the same ones and both servers had been restarted before yesterday’s recordings. I’ll wait and see what happens tonight..

imeric

• MC Beta Team

Could it be related to the Tuner warmup or bookmarking changes in versions .98 & .99 ?

imeric

• MC Beta Team

Well, it recorded just fine last night on the other PC as well with .103!!
Very strange...I'll keep monitoring this and let you know how it goes thx!

Yaobing

• Administrator

Thanks.  Another user may have seen similar behavior.  I am working on it.

Yaobing

• Administrator

I think I got it.  Please try this DLL, use it with the latest MC28.

JRTelevision.zip

tzr916

• MC Beta Team

All recordings did work last night with new DLL.

Thank you
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]
Pages: [1]   Go Up