INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't delete Libraries /  (Read 1363 times)

Grundgütigster

• Junior Woodchuck
Can't delete Libraries /
« on: January 30, 2022, 07:08:52 am »

Hi,

I just created a new Library but when I delete the unwanted libraries, they keep on coming back. How can I get rid of them permanentely?

Thanks!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can't delete Libraries /
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 07:52:09 am »

I've had this problem in the past. It was quite a long time ago though.  At least 3 or 4 versions back.

In my case, the delete button wouldn't work at all.  I'd try , but it was always greyed out.  My fix was to go find the MC init file and edit it to remove the library definitions I no longer wanted.  This is almost certainly dangerous and definitely not recommended or supported.  But it worked for me.

Perhaps posting your INI file would let the JRiver staff look at it and determine what's going on?  I'm just guessing.

Good luck.

Brian.

Grundgütigster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 08:08:08 am »

Thanks Brian!

The programme just adds libraries from the various network and DLNA sources it finds. I don't want them, I don't need them and I have no idea why they appear in the first place. I could hide them though.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 08:34:02 am »

Hmm, DLNA is a different story.  I thought you meant libraries that you had previously created or used.

If you don't need DLNA, you can turn that off:

Tools > Options > Media Network > Use Media Network > (unchecked)

You'll want to stop and restart MC for this to take effect.  If you need to use DLNA though, I'm really not sure how to suppress the devices and libraries you don't want to see.  The Media Network sub forum here might have some people who know more.

Good luck,
Brian.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 09:57:50 am »

If you need to use DLNA though, I'm really not sure how to suppress the devices and libraries you don't want to see.  The Media Network sub forum here might have some people who know more.
Right click on a server and hide it.

Grundgütigster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2022, 03:28:41 am »

Sorry for my late reply! I was under the impression I already did that.

After a complete re-install with deleting all JRiver files in the various locations one or two of the phantom libraries did not show up any more. Those were old test libraries. The DLNA libraries I do not want just hid. Shutting DLNA off is not an option, as I need it.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up