INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cloned Hard Drive To A New Hard Drive Files Not Found  (Read 1094 times)

Trdat

• Recent member
Cloned Hard Drive To A New Hard Drive Files Not Found
« on: February 04, 2022, 11:43:06 am »

I just cloned my hard drive to a new one and files are not found.

Have no idea what to do, hopefully its a simple fix? I have tell JRiver where the new files are right? But, they would be in the same place nothing has changed...

Anyway, how to firstly know where my JRiver files are and how to I tell JRiver where they are?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Cloned Hard Drive To A New Hard Drive Files Not Found
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 11:48:46 am »

See Moving Files on our wiki.

Trdat

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2022, 09:16:19 am »

See Moving Files on our wiki.

To be honest I am confused, I am not actually moving files as technically after a clone everything should be in the same place. But I am presuming the file name is wrong. "Check the filename matches the filename on disk" is the error message I get.

How do I figure out where my files are in the first place? And how and where do I enter that fileplace into? The wiki is only giving me how to change the one track or album to a new location. I just need to probably tell the location of the hard drive.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2022, 09:38:25 am »

Is the drive name the same?  Or did you change it on the cloned drive?

If it's a different drive letter, you can do Find & Replace under Rename, Move, & Copy.  Do a back-up first.

Trdat

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2022, 10:16:42 am »

Is the drive name the same?  Or did you change it on the cloned drive?

If it's a different drive letter, you can do Find & Replace under Rename, Move, & Copy.  Do a back-up first.

I cloned the C drive to a new larger C drive that was installed with all the contents transfered without changing the name of the drive. Unless something else from the back end has been changed during the process that I do not know of(I got someelse to do it but the actual drive name C has not been changed) that could have caused this. But my music files has not even been touched as it is on another drive, hence my confusion. I do not even know where to start, if i can get a bit of direction I might be able to start the process. Lol....

Any advice would help.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2022, 10:49:57 am »

Check your Auto-import configuration and make sure it lines up. (Under Tools>Options>Library & Folders

Make sure the exact directory of your music files is listed under folders.  If you have Playlists, I say again make sure you have a back-up.  If it is not exact (and I mean exact), use the above.  Otherwise make sure it's listed.

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2022, 11:46:19 am »

I think it's likely that your MUSIC drive has changed drive letters.

Go to MC and open up the FILES view.  It's in the left navigation area under AUDIO.  Scroll to the right a bit and look at some of the file names and see what the drive letter is.  Maybe post a screen shot here of some of them.

Then go look at Windows Explorer (the system file explorer) and see what drives are listed.  Maybe post a screen shot of that too.  My guess is that the drive letters will not match.

Let us know what you find.
Brian.

Trdat

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2022, 06:36:06 am »

Check your Auto-import configuration and make sure it lines up. (Under Tools>Options>Library & Folders

Make sure the exact directory of your music files is listed under folders.  If you have Playlists, I say again make sure you have a back-up.  If it is not exact (and I mean exact), use the above.  Otherwise make sure it's listed.

I got it thanks, the above is what I needed. There is still some albums that are not found, I am hazarding a guess that there in a different folder that has not been listed as a directory under folders.

MikeO

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2022, 04:46:49 am »

Check your auto import config , you may be protecting unconnected drives.

If that is unchecked a full auto import should fix up all paths

Sorry a bit late 😈

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2022, 07:43:26 am »

If Windows was cloned to new disk (with mc and library) and all the drive letters remained the same including the music files there shouldn't be need to do any importing. It should just work like before. Glad that you sorted it out with one way or other
Pages: [1]   Go Up