INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC28 synch to Android phone: Samsumg S20 keeps failing  (Read 1428 times)

alfredmjNZ

• Recent member
MC28 synch to Android phone: Samsumg S20 keeps failing
« on: February 14, 2022, 01:01:17 am »

Recently upgraded my old S10 to a new S20 and purchased a MicroSD card to hold all or most of my music files to play in the car when the radio reception fades away. I was very surprised to find that Samsung Music does not like playing M4A files, even though it should and did so on the S10.  (Not a JRiver MC issue, but background).  So I decided to convert all my M4A music files to FLAC.  4 days later, I had a new music library.  All I had to do was copy the new FLAC files to my S20.  Not so fast.  I created a smart playlist to hold the files I wanted, then selected "send to" and select the S20 SD card.  So far so good.  After about 15-20mins the transfer stops and the action window says "Complete". But it is not. To restart the transfer I have to terminate MC28, restart it and restart the synch procedure. 15mins later ........ It stops again. So my question is:  Why does MC28 (latest version on WIN10 latest SP) keep failing when transferring music files to an Android phone using a blistering fast SD card?   Any suggestions ?     

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
Re: MC28 synch to Android phone: Samsumg S20 keeps failing
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 07:51:31 am »

Are you using Handheld Sync?

alfredmjNZ

• Recent member
Re: MC28 synch to Android phone: Samsumg S20 keeps failing
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 11:44:29 pm »

Hi:  No, trying to synch using the phone as a "device".  Further update:  Became very bored with constant failures so I removed the SD card from the phone, mounted it as a drive on my PC and copied the files from JRiver MC28 to the mounted drive using a Smart Playlist. Same process, just not using the phone, but a direct Windows drive. This worked.  This procedure will only work if you store your music/movies on a separate SD card to the phone internal storage.   :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up