INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A thought on un-imported files...  (Read 998 times)

matthewmattical

• Junior Woodchuck
A thought on un-imported files...
« on: March 18, 2003, 05:36:58 pm »

I don't expect this issue to be fixed in coming builds or even in time for the final release of MC9, but it'd be nice if it was looked into eventually. My current problem lies in "previewing" songs that I have not yet imported into MC. This is usually due to the fact that I have not tagged them yet, but still want to listen to them ahead of time. Unfortunately, double clicking a file from explorer replaces my playing now list with this non-imported file and I wish there was simply some sort of "preview" view that these files were displayed in as opposed to overwriting my normal playing now list.

As an alternative, I have all of my audio file types associated with WMP9 which I use only as a "preview player". This works fine...but I'd love to consolidate all of my playing into one app - MC9.

I realize that I can add these non-imported files to the end of my playing now list in order to preserve what I already have in there, but it's all too easy to accidentily open one up with a careless double click. Not to mention other people browsing my files and wanting to hear them with a simple double click of the mouse...

Anyone else find this troublesome? Anyone think of a workaround with MC's current setup? Anyone have any thoughts on a simple system for J River to implement if not? Thanks. :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: A thought on un-imported files...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2003, 06:07:48 am »

Please make sure you're using a current version and check how you have options set for playback behavior.

nila

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2003, 06:16:44 am »

I think what he's asking is to be able to set a: 'behavior' for songs double clicked in explorer - I'll second this request :)

I'd also LOVE the MJ context menu to include: Browse from here.
to open MJ to that folder using the: My Computer tree

matthewmattical

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2003, 04:20:14 pm »

Right. I'm running .131 as of today and have playback settings set to "add to playing now (play now)" on double-click, but that only affects files double-clicked inside of MC. I don't know how, but it'd be great if MC gave the user options for how to handle externally opened files as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up