INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album tag goes to 0  (Read 766 times)

idsticky

• Recent member
Album tag goes to 0
« on: February 28, 2022, 01:31:39 pm »

Just happened majority of my album names went to Album name 0

idsticky

• Recent member
Re: Album tag goes to 0
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 01:46:25 pm »

version 27 is what I have, this just happened, the albums went to name 0, but the artist, track, year and track #'s are present, plus original file name

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 01:51:56 pm »

Restore a backup.  MC makes them automatically. 

idsticky

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2022, 04:18:34 pm »

funny the albums go to 0 name after a bit I did the restore, it seemed to work, a few with 0 name... then 100's... seems like a virus thing funny with the Russians and I do grab music form somehere like that online some...

idsticky

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2022, 07:03:26 pm »

I just updated a few things and every album went to the name 0

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2022, 07:59:42 pm »

It sounds like you have accidentally stored "0" as the album in the album tags. After a library restore, quickly use Ctrl-A to select all files in the library, right-click>Library Tools>Update tags (from library) and it should rewrite your tags with the correct information form the MC database.

idsticky

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2022, 02:56:09 pm »

Still a problem I go back and restore the library and the album names are their. briefly  Something changed the album names to 0 on a large swath of my files and albums. And in the course of movement the 0 starts updating its name like a virus...  The file folder is named but in the details of the file it has been updated to "0" .  I tried selecting all files and updating tags update Library (from tags) but that does not work so far....  I may have caused this but I think  I have a malicious hack, makes no difference... Do you have a recommendation of action, I checked the source files, some/many are altered to Album name "0"

Happy to take a call, 925 202 6366

Ed

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2022, 03:48:33 pm »

What is happening is that after restoring the database, MC's Auto-Import is kicking in and updating the library from the tags (which have been corrupted or erroneously edited). 

First, go to Options>Library and Folders>and uncheck Run auto-import in background. Then perform a library restore from your backup but make sure to uncheck the box about restoring settings. If you restore the settings the change you just made will be overwritten. So now that you've restored your library only you can select all tracks and perform an update tags from library. That should overwrite the bad tags with the good library data. After it is done (you can check the progress in the status bar) then you can go ahead and re-enable auto-import.

idsticky

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2022, 05:27:19 pm »

Looks Good!  :)  BIG THANK YOU so far!!!  I am technically challenged.... 

Now I checked the files that went to "0".  Can I update that info from JRiver to the Tags in the files or Properties- Details - Album (Change name from 0 to what is with JRiver tag info is such as Cosmo's Factory for that CCR Album

Ed

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2022, 06:57:28 pm »

Not sure if I follow your question, but just select all (ctrl-a), right click>library tools>update tags (from library).

idsticky

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2022, 07:13:19 pm »

will do in a bit, THANK YOU!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up