INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music for Ukraine (MC Licence Donation)  (Read 812 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Music for Ukraine (MC Licence Donation)
« on: March 04, 2022, 02:47:38 pm »

I know it makes no real difference, but a bit of music and access to streaming news may help for those people spending long hours stuck in shelters.  I asked JimH if I could buy a bunch of licences to "donate" to those suffering in Ukraine.  JimH proposed that I just buy one licence (done) and JRiver would multiply that.

Couple of thoughts however:
- Ideas on how to distribute the licences to the intended people (and not some bot scoping them up)
- How about a pre-config for news streams (now that Russia is banning all "non official" sources)
- Other ideas?

JRiver CEO Elect

Wheaten

Re: Music for Ukraine (MC Licence Donation)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 04:26:05 pm »

I have more practical concerns,
- People that need to run for shelter, won't carry their Media center with them and will not use JRiver for their radio.
- They will rely more on their phones, as long as the local networks/ISP's aren't forced down by the Russians, which is currently not happening yet. Even if Elon Musk get's his satelite up and special needed hardware in place, they can only use it for strict necessary communication.
- More concerning, will they keep their powerlines up, as the Russians took over their Nuclear power plant. (main power source "and the Russian and Ukraine and Nuclear power plants aren't a great combination", remember Chernobyl)

If you want to support them, donate to the Red Cross, so they have food/water/medicine/clothes and shelter. Currently there are multiple local initiatives to pick up people that flee from their home country , to give them shelter in other European countries. Mainly eldery/woman and children, as all men between 18 and 60 need to take up arms.

jgreen

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2022, 06:25:49 pm »

This (the previous). 

Wheaten

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2022, 01:30:10 am »

Update:
Today all major Dutch radio channels combined their resources to have the same stream on all major radio broadcasts as Radio555, to raise money for Ukraine.
Currently 53 Million Euro (20:41 CET) has been raised on giro 555. Participating stations:
Radio 538,
Radio 10,
Radio Veronica,
QMusic,
NPO 2,
NPO 3,
NPO 5,
Sublime,
Slam FM,
100% NL

At this point over 1.7 million women and childeren fled from Ukraine to friendly Neighbor countries.
Poland already took in 1+ million people.

Today we raised a total of 106.200.773,00 Euro for the Ukraine.

jgreen

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 05:46:43 pm »

Slavi Ukraini.
Pages: [1]   Go Up