INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bluetooth connectivity  (Read 1792 times)

vinegar-hill

Bluetooth connectivity
« on: March 08, 2022, 10:45:59 pm »

Purchased today JRiver Android. Have happily used JRiver for over 10 years. Now  on   28.0.106     .  My mature age brain is slowing after near 80 years in Aussie sun, but I cannot make the player ( on samsung A32 phone) utilise Bluetooth. Have an array of bluetooth speakers for workshop - no connection - appreciate how to make my investment work. Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
Re: Bluetooth connectivity
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 06:19:36 am »

Purchased today JRiver Android. Have happily used JRiver for over 10 years. Now  on   28.0.106     .  My mature age brain is slowing after near 80 years in Aussie sun, but I cannot make the player ( on samsung A32 phone) utilise Bluetooth. Have an array of bluetooth speakers for workshop - no connection - appreciate how to make my investment work. Thanks.
Setting up Bluetooth isn't part of JRiver for Android.  Go to the phone's Bluetooth settings to pair the devices.  A Google search might help.

If you have Bluetooth active, the phone will play to whatever device you've selected there.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 05:08:27 pm »

I have tried to get the JRiver app to play to my bluetooth headphones and it just doesn’t. Switching to amazon music the headphones play, switching to bbc music the headphones play, switching back to jriver app there is an eternity of silence even though the app is adamant that it is playing. Ah well silence is golden they say.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2022, 05:18:39 pm »

If the phone is paired to the BT device, and JRiver is playing to the phone, Bluetooth sound should work with it.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2022, 05:28:10 pm »

Should being the operative word there I’m afraid.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2022, 05:34:15 pm »

Try playing 48Khz content.  MC can convert in DSP Studio > Output Settings or when serving audio.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2022, 05:45:32 pm »

Must apologise, forced a stop on the jriver app and restarted it and magically the bluetooth is working whatever the bitrate or depth.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2022, 06:10:39 pm »

Thanks for letting us know.  I've never had a lot of faith in Bluetooth.  It seems a little flaky. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up