INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IdPi problem with Radio JRiver files  (Read 905 times)

Kcaj

• Recent member
IdPi problem with Radio JRiver files
« on: April 07, 2022, 07:42:16 am »

Hi,

I have an IdPi and it is working perfectly if the playback is from files located on my NAS (all flac). I downloaded a substantial amount of RadioJriver files (flac/ape/m4a) via Cloudplay as playlists. But the IdPi won't work with these files. The playback stops after a few seconds, goes back to the beginning, stops again, etc. etc. With remote access I see that MC is freezing and after some time I need to reboot the IdPi. The same is visible in JRemote/Panel. I have the same files (NAS and RadioJriver) on my laptop and everything runs smoothly.

Hope you can help.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: IdPi problem with Radio JRiver files
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2022, 08:03:41 am »

When you download a playlist from Cloudplay, you're not downloading the audio files themselves.  When you play the playlist, the audio files are still being streamed from our server.  High Res files probably won't work on an Id.

Also, the version of MC you have on the Id matters.

Kcaj

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2022, 05:15:41 pm »

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm aware that the files are on your server. MC Idpi version is 28.0.106

I've searched the forum and have not found others with this problem nor information that an Idpi won't work with these RadioJriver files. Can't believe that I'm the only one streaming RadioJriver files through an Idpi. So hopefully there is a solution/shortcut for this problem because the streaming facility/ Cloudplay in MC is great.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2022, 05:27:35 pm »

In MC's settings for Cloudplay, you can limit the sample rate.  It might work for lower sample rates.
Pages: [1]   Go Up