INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mark songs to be skipped?  (Read 461 times)

GlenR55

• Recent member
Mark songs to be skipped?
« on: April 09, 2022, 06:22:57 pm »

I can't believe this hasn't been asked and answered before, but I couldn't find it anywhere so here goes...

Many albums in my library have a song or two I don't like and I would like to skip them (at least most of the time) when I play the album. So, is there some way to "permanently" mark a song to be skipped?  I don't want to delete the songs, but rarely want to listen to them.

More as just a reminder to myself, I will often mark the songs I don't want to hear with 1 star (kind of damming with faint praise). Although I have some songs I really like marked with 4 or 5 stars, for the most part I do not give songs star ratings.   I thought perhaps there would be a way to use this "1 star rating" as a trigger to skip the song, but without all of the "good" songs having some rating above 1, I don't see how it is useful.

Ideally, I would like a way to do this that would also work on cloudplay lists I have 'downloaded'/saved.

FWIW, I am not savvy with writing 'code' so I hope whatever the solution is it isn't too complicated - or someone else has already done so.  ;D

Thanks in advance for any help.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Mark songs to be skipped?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2022, 06:30:33 pm »

You could uncheck playable.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MikeO3

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2022, 07:13:17 pm »

I have an exclude list which is used throughout. I named it zExclude so it's at the bottom of the pile and add Playlists Is Not Any zExclude to most SmartLists.

GlenR55

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2022, 07:59:44 pm »

The "uncheck playable" is just the sort of thing I was looking for.
Thanks so much!

MusicBringer

• Galactic Citizen
  • MC32.0.87 x64bit
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2022, 05:56:43 am »

You could uncheck playable.
That's exactly what I use. Very handy for tracks with a very long extended drum solo.
Caesar adsum jam forte. Brutus aderat. Caesar sic in omnibus. Brutus sic inat.
Pages: [1]   Go Up