INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent Commands  (Read 739 times)

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Recent Commands
« on: April 13, 2022, 05:09:37 pm »

In Standard view when you right click in the view you get a list of actions, at the top of the list, by default, there is the single last action you performed.

I know it is possible to change an option somewhere so that you can have the last couple of actions at the top of the list or more.
I have literally spent the last 15mins trying to find this option but I have failed and I am now giving up.

Can someone point me to the right location where I can find this option?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Recent Commands
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 05:23:08 pm »

This?

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=125159.0

We should probably increase that to 2 or 3.  Would that bother anyone? 

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 11:05:41 am »

Thanks Jim, that's what I was looking for.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 11:38:04 am »

We should probably increase that to 2 or 3.  Would that bother anyone? 

I personally have mine set to 10 (the available range is 0 to 15 for recent commands).  My 2 cents  - I think a default of at least 3, maybe even 5, would be good/helpful for new users. 

Adding a title "Recent Commands" (or similar) to that menu sub-section would be very helpful too, just so folks are aware that these are in addition to the std menu items.  Or maybe a tool-tip that indicates the recent command count is user settable via options.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2022, 01:38:56 pm »

Wishfull Thinking:  An easy way to make selected recent commands "sticky" and stay at the top of the list.

For example:  A flyout checkbox list, showing all the recent commands (per number option).  User checks a box to make that command "sticky" and float up to the top, time-ordered (or Move Up/Move Down, or maybe alphabetical) with any other "sticky" checkmarks.  New commands sequence below the "sticky" ones, as occurs now for all.  The flyout disappears until requested again.

Use case:  There are a few commands that I often use, while majority are only invoked occasionally, but at times the latter dominate the list.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2022, 02:49:42 pm »

Also: Perhaps it would be smart to prevent root level items to eat up a recent commands places as they already are on the root level

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2022, 03:55:11 pm »

Also: Perhaps it would be smart to prevent root level items to eat up a recent commands places as they already are on the root level
I agree.  The most-used commands that I would like to make "sticky" are not at the root level.

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2022, 10:38:35 am »

Wishfull Thinking:  An easy way to make selected recent commands "sticky" and stay at the top of the list.

imho, that's an excellent idea.

A way to have both selected "frequently used" commands, and "recently used" commands.

=========
Vinyl: Shure V15VxMR, Shure VN5MR stylus, VPI Scout turntable
Shellac: Shure M91, Shure N75-3 stylus,  Dual 1218 turntable

Apt Holman preamp (updated), Benchmark Media ADC-1, Benchmark Media DAC-1, Carver TFM-45 power amp (updated), Original Acoustic Research AR-9 speakers (LF surrounds replaced), Sennheiser HD590 headphones
Pages: [1]   Go Up