INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC on Android TV  (Read 1211 times)

Z0001

• Citizen of the Universe
MC on Android TV
« on: April 15, 2022, 09:38:21 pm »

Hi there

Is MC running on Android TV? Is that even a thing? Can I use a smart Android TV to run a MC app and play my content (audio and video) from a Windows MC server or a stand alone NAS box?

PC died and looking for alternatives.

Many thanks!
Z

rec head

Re: MC on Android TV
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2022, 06:25:44 am »

Yes it works. You can also use MO4Media on an Android TV. My only experience is using both on the Nvidia Shield.

While it does work the biggest benefit is that they can play DV if you have ripped MKV's that have it. The second benefit is not
having to maintain a PC. Otherwise I don't like using either on my Shield. From a usability standpoint neither works as well as my HTPC and Theater View. By usability I mean speed of the UI, customization and reliability and speed of controls like Play/Pause, FFD etc.

I thought I would be replacing the PC with the Shield but there is very little development going on and overall I just don't like it.

Z0001

Re: MC on Android TV
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2022, 07:29:00 am »

Thx for the feedback - it feels like a hard one ... but the benefits of maintaining a dedicated piece of hardware are getting more limited ... we tend to use the PC in the TV room for streaming platforms and internet content, and I'm not buying as many movies on disc as I used to. I used to build my own PCs, but just don't have the time these days to maintain them, so an all-in-one box, even if its a pre-packaged PC has some appeal ... still looking for that illusive AV "styled" component that can do all this!

cheers
Z
Pages: [1]   Go Up