INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album View Customisation  (Read 1119 times)

MickB

• Recent member
Album View Customisation
« on: April 16, 2022, 10:27:22 am »

Hi!

My eyesight is not what it used to be.  I use Album Library View (All Albums) list style format.  Is there a way that I could add extra lines between albums?  Also is it possible to change just the font colour of the line that names the album, date and artist?  With these changes I could detect albums more easily.

Thanks for any help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
Re: Album View Customisation
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2022, 10:59:36 am »

Maybe not, but try (under the View Menu) "Size" and in options, under View, try changing fonts.

Also try Theater View and Panel or another remote.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2022, 12:08:04 pm »

Or, if you let us know which skin you are using, we could sort you out with a mod that would, rather than change the text, place a nice clear divider between each album, with the text inside it.

Could that work for you?

MickB

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2022, 08:41:55 pm »

I'm really grateful for you prompt replies.  Thanks!  I'm using the Modern Cards (grey edition) skin with skin effects: grey-scaled with a little brightness.  A coloured skin makes it worse.  I always use light coloured on my mac. Anything that helps would be much appreciated. Again I'm grateful for your kind assistance.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2022, 01:38:12 am »

So... MickB, All I knew was that you needed it to "pop" a bit, but wasn't sure exactly what you needed.

My first attempt for you is shown in the screenshot attached.

If you want a closer look on your own screen, download the attached archive and extract the folder it contains to your MC Standard View Skins folder.

If you are not sure where to extract to, you will need to ask a MAC user who knows. Sorry about that, but I'm a Windows only user and have no idea.

If you need it tweaked a bit, let me know in what way and I'll have another go at it.

-marko

MickB

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2022, 05:12:04 am »

Thank you so, so much.  For me it does make a world of a difference.  I can differentiate Album titles easily.  It's impressive how quickly you helped me. Thank you.

I'm adding the folder location for future reference if someone else needs it: Media Center 29.app right click/Show Package Contents

Contents/Resources/Skins/Standard View

I reiterate my appreciation and express how impressed I am by how quickly this was resolved for me.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2022, 07:17:47 am »

Thanks for the update. Pleased to hear it helped.

The good news is, that if/when you upgrade to v29, your modded skin should be automatically copied across to your new version. Maybe double check that first though before uninstalling v28.

-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up