INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FLAC Files skipping on IdPi  (Read 1195 times)

jkc327

FLAC Files skipping on IdPi
« on: May 01, 2022, 03:36:09 pm »

I've been running IdPi for a couple of months with no issues.  The last couple of days about halfway to 2/3 of the way through playback all of my FLAC files are skipping to the next track when playing back from another device (Media Center 28 on Windows, Panel inside network, Panel outside network, mobile).  The tracks DO NOT do this when I am listening via headphones connected directly to the Pi.  MP3 files are fine in all scenarios. Tracks are on a repurposed SSD drive in an external case that is connected via USB to the Pi. 
I've tried tweaking buffering, conversion settings etc. based on some other posts.  No luck. Any thoughts would be helpful.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: FLAC Files skipping on IdPi
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 09:28:15 am »

I've been running IdPi for a couple of months with no issues.  The last couple of days about halfway to 2/3 of the way through playback all of my FLAC files are skipping to the next track when playing back from another device (Media Center 28 on Windows, Panel inside network, Panel outside network, mobile).  The tracks DO NOT do this when I am listening via headphones connected directly to the Pi.  MP3 files are fine in all scenarios. Tracks are on a repurposed SSD drive in an external case that is connected via USB to the Pi. 
I've tried tweaking buffering, conversion settings etc. based on some other posts.  No luck. Any thoughts would be helpful.
So the actual files are on the IdPi and you are playing them on a MC28 on windows?
Are you using the MC28 windows as a media client to pull them from the IdPi or pushing them FROM the IdPi to the MC28 windows as a zone on the IdPi?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 10:33:36 am »

An external USB drive may have power issues unless it's separately powered.

jkc327

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2022, 05:02:50 pm »

Good call out.  Saw from another post that might be the issue.  I swapped the drive into a separately powered enclosure with the same result.
Pages: [1]   Go Up