INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import to library - files missed  (Read 927 times)

psychlone

• Recent member
Import to library - files missed
« on: May 14, 2022, 07:44:30 am »

Having searched the forum, I'm unable to find an answer to my question.  If it's already been asked and answered, apologies, and please point me to the relevant post(s).

With MC29, in both Windows 10 and Linux MX19, when I tried importing files to the library, a lot of files were not imported (although a great many more were).  In Windows, MC29 told me the number that had failed to import because the filepath was too long, plus the number of other files that were 'skipped' (no reason given);  in Linux, it just told me the number of files that had failed to import.  I was unable to get any more information than this about the files that failed to import. My question is:  Is there any way of finding out from MC29, in Windows and/or Linux, which files failed to import?  (I appreciate that in the case of files whose filepaths were too long, that's unlikely, although a partial filepath could potentially be useful.)

Thanks for any help anyone is able to give.

(I'm not sure of the etiquette for this forum, but I'm posting this question separately in both the Windows and Linux sections of the forum.)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Import to library - files missed
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 05:15:44 pm »

You can turn on logging and look in the log.

They are likely going to be unsupported DRM files (Apple and Microsoft).
Unsupported (on linux) DVD iso's.

psychlone

• Recent member
Re: Import to library - files missed
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2022, 03:27:12 pm »

Many thanks for that information - a log's just what I need.
Pages: [1]   Go Up