INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automated Station IDs/commercials?  (Read 363 times)

robbnj

• Recent member
Automated Station IDs/commercials?
« on: June 08, 2022, 11:41:57 am »

Hi All. I'm using JRiver for a home audio system linked to all of my stereos and radios. I hate "real" radio due to the commercials, but I do like to have my own Station ID or "commercial" breaks happen now and then. I currently have about 20 that I made and just import them a couple dozen times into my playlist (about 18,000 songs).
Is there a VST or a way to schedule JRiver to play these at certain intervals or random intervals within a defined pattern (i.e. "at random gaps of no less than 5 songs, but no more than 10 songs")?

I have different playlists for different occasions, and adding the right amount of these Station IDs to each playlist and hoping they don't get played 2-3x in a row is a pain.

I know pro radio DJ software can do this, but I'm not a pro and am doing this for my own enjoyment. I don't stream or share the music with anyone but the people in my home.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Automated Station IDs/commercials?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2022, 08:57:48 am »

I'm pretty sure you could use the ~limit and ~mix parameters of smart lists to generate a playlist with stuff from one list (the music) and stuff from another list (your in-house commercials).  I'm not skilled with that, but do a little research and you'll find a lot of discussion about it.

Brian.

vbphil

• World Citizen
Re: Automated Station IDs/commercials?
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2022, 01:29:40 pm »

I'm pretty sure you could use the ~limit and ~mix parameters of smart lists to generate a playlist with stuff from one list (the music) and stuff from another list (your in-house commercials).  I'm not skilled with that, but do a little research and you'll find a lot of discussion about it.

Brian.
I've used this technique before and it works great.

From the WiKi on creating smart list,
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Smartlists

Mix Modifiers
This is a bit more advance, but should be understandable. The mix is a very handy function for combining selects (or playlists and other smartlist for that matter). Each comma, separates the operators. The first value defines the number of items to select in total. Next, one define the amount to select for the following query. It can be added as many queries as one likes in the mix. Here, two queries are added, one for selecting 50%(150 songs) rated 5, and the other 50%(150 songs as well) rated 4 or 5.

[media type]=[audio] ~mix=300,50%,{[Rating]=>4},50%,{[Rating]=>3}
Pages: [1]   Go Up