INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 29.0.62 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 4289 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 29.0.62 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: June 16, 2022, 08:00:42 am »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 29.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v29/latest/MediaCenter290062-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

Download 32-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v29/latest/MediaCenter290062.exe (works on all systems)

29.0.62 (6/14/2022)

1. Changed: Tried a different approach to get rid of the few pixel borders on windows around the frame.
2. NEW: Added an advanced option to turn off blinking of a new Action Window when it is opened.
3. Changed: Updated libplacebo for JRVR for overall stability and compatibility improvements, as well as more accurate ICC profile handling.

29.0.61 (6/13/2022)

1. Fixed: Closing Manage Library Fields dialog window would crash MC in build 60 (on Windows OS).
2. Changed: Removed the tag window "Field" skin item that would draw around images in the tag window.
3. Changed: In some cases the equalizer slider values could show on one line (depending on scale settings) but now it will always put the "dB" on the second line.
4. Fixed: The mouse over state could get stuck in the Parametric Equalizer because timers were not being routed properly.
5. Changed: Removed a face color border line at the top (and possibly bottom) of dialogs.
6. NEW: The tag window can take an EditOverlay color to use instead of the default red.

26.0.60 (6/9/2022)

1. Fixed: The mouse down button state was incorrect in the skin if the window had been maximized.
2. NEW: Added SHOW_THEATER_VIEW_MODE_NETFLIX (12) to MCC_THEATER_VIEW.
3. Changed: The view extra feature can customize the number of levels to search up from the folder for matches (defaults to no levels, can be set up to three).
4. Improved: When typing with an Input Method Editor (e.g. Chinese or Japanese), the composition window and candidate list window will be displayed near the edit window, instead of in a far-away place.
5. NEW: Navigate Spotlight pages in Theater View with remote or keyboard.

29.0.59 (6/7/2022)

1. Fixed: Tabs could blink when changing if an Action Window was open (possibly fixes other visual artifacts).
2. Fixed: Message boxes would be hidden in Theater View when viewing a web page.
3. Changed: Made the minimize, maximize and close buttons respond to the mouse over state in dialogs.
4. Changed: When editing a big field in a popup, the cursor is placed at the beginning of the edit instead of the end.
5. Fixed: Spotlight would not show correct background color for some skins.

29.0.58 (6/3/2022)

1. Fixed: When sizing a large edit in the Tag window editor the scroll position could move down.
2. Fixed: Switching between the legacy and modern tag editing windows could crash in some cases.
3. Changed: Updated the Catalan language (thanks Josep).

29.0.57 (6/2/2022)

1. Changed: Spotlight uses background and text colors from current skin (click Refresh to clear Spotlight cache to see changes).
2. NEW: You can search all library fields by using [all]= at the start of the search.
3. Fixed: During DSD to PCM conversion, the output sample rate reported by Audio Path could be off by 8x.
4. Fixed: The lyrics page could be scrolled incorrectly after resizing.  Now a "Home" is issued whenever the scrollbar requirement changes in an edit.

29.0.56 (5/31/2022)

1. Fixed: Back from Spotlight in Theater View was not returning to file view.
2. Changed: The mouse wheel over large edits or lists in the Action Window will be consumed by that control instead of promoted to the container when a scrollbar isn't needed (which stops editing and scrolls to the next field).
3. Changed: The "Tag Dump" in the new tag Action Window uses the ideal height of the entire dump instead of a fixed number.
4. Fixed: A new template would not load when doing "Refresh" in the Tag Action Window.

29.0.55 (5/30/2022)

1. NEW: Added a Refresh command to the Tag Action Window to reload.
2. Changed: The tag window opens values at the full height of the tag window when editing something big like lyrics.
3. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
4. Changed: Data file image lookup is only done on files with a media sub type of "Book".
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

comox

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 29.0.62 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 09:49:20 am »

NEW: Added an advanced option to turn off blinking of a new Action Window when it is opened.

You all can retire now. MC is perfect.

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2022, 04:02:34 am »

5. NEW: Navigate Spotlight pages in Theater View with remote or keyboard.

29.0.57 (6/2/2022)

1. Changed: Spotlight uses background and text colors from current skin (click Refresh to clear Spotlight cache to see changes).

Probably it will be me who does not know how to use it, but to me in Theater View Spotlight still does not work with MCE remote control or keyboard; with the mouse I can do something.

Also I can't update Spotlight by clicking on refresh or F5.

:-[

Manfred

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2022, 05:42:34 am »

3. Fixed: During DSD to PCM conversion, the output sample rate reported by Audio Path could be off by 8x.

Sorry -  :) I think is not completely fixed.
Tested with Bitstreaming off, rme HDSPe AIO Pro Card, rme ASIO Driver:
Input is a DSD 256 file (x4) 64bit, 11.3 MHz.

The correct message should be (Or am I wrong?):

Downsample 4x for DSD to PCM conversion
Resample 11,3 MHz to 192 kHz with Sox

WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 05:49:37 am »

Remember it's been brought down 8x by the first step.

Manfred

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2022, 06:37:05 am »

So you sample it down 8x and then you do an upsample to 192 kHz?
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2022, 07:45:30 am »

It looks perfect to me.

Start 11.3 MHz
8x down to: 1.4 MHz
Resample 1.4 MHz to 192 kHz with SoX

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2022, 08:14:33 am »

Changed: Spotlight uses background and text colors from current skin (click Refresh to clear Spotlight cache to see changes).

Nice change!

Would it be possible to also apply the skin's colors for the "Loading" page.  (It currently burns like the noon-day sun for its brief appearance! :)

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2022, 08:48:36 am »

Probably it will be me who does not know how to use it, but to me in Theater View Spotlight still does not work with MCE remote control or keyboard; with the mouse I can do something.

Also I can't update Spotlight by clicking on refresh or F5.

What platform are you running MC on?  What happens when you use the down arrow to focus the Spotlight view?

You need to choose the Refresh link at the bottom of the page to clear the Spotlight cache.  F5 just refreshes the page and does not update the cached data.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2022, 08:50:51 am »

Would it be possible to also apply the skin's colors for the "Loading" page.  (It currently burns like the noon-day sun for its brief appearance! :)

Yes, this will be in build 64.

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2022, 09:14:13 am »

You need to choose the Refresh link at the bottom of the page to clear the Spotlight cache.  F5 just refreshes the page and does not update the cached data.

Thanks, I didn't notice.

After updating, everything works now :)

Thanks but I just missed the "refresh" text

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2022, 11:19:08 am »

Spotlight intermittent bug re moving through its page display history:

Keyboard shortcuts <Backspace>, <Alt><right arrow>, and <Alt><left arrow> do not always change pages within Spotlight, particularly if you have opened more than one Spotlight page from within a single tab.
Behavior is inconsistent - hard to nail down.  May depend on depth in the direction stack, how recently you last changed direction, where in the MC interface you are coming from, something else??

"Arrow" direction icon buttons in upper left corner always work.  It's just the shortcuts which are sometimes inactive when the "Arrow" icons indicate valid directional moves.

MC 29.0.62  Win 11 (64-bit)

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2022, 11:22:09 am »

After updating, everything works now :)

Small update. With movies everything works while with TV series it doesn't: it stops at the second line where there is the list of seasons.

In addition to freezing, it is also difficult to get out.

MC runs on Win10 64bit

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2022, 12:55:21 pm »

"Arrow" direction icon buttons in upper left corner always work.  It's just the shortcuts which are sometimes inactive when the "Arrow" icons indicate valid directional moves.

I will take a look, but I am pretty sure the shortcuts are handled by the embedded browser.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2022, 12:56:40 pm »

Small update. With movies everything works while with TV series it doesn't: it stops at the second line where there is the list of seasons.

Please tell me the name of a TV series that is not working.

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2022, 03:23:07 pm »

It happens with all TV series. Today I noticed the problem with Better Call Saul and Gaslit

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2022, 03:38:39 pm »

It happens with all TV series. Today I noticed the problem with Better Call Saul and Gaslit

Both of those seem to work for me.  Do you have a non-English language set or something like that?

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2022, 04:23:07 pm »

Yes, Italian

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2022, 08:45:34 am »

With MC open to my Library view, I click on an Artist to see their albums and MC takes a long pause. If I click on the MC interface, it ghosts out and the Windows Close/Wait dialog appears.

I thought it was waiting for my USB music drive to spin-up, BUT I can navigate to the Artist folder on the drive in Windows Explorer before MC will free-up and display the selected Artist's albums.
(This took MC 27 seconds to complete, which normally takes MC only 1-2 seconds).

Since the Library is already displayed, why can't I scroll through the listings without such delay?
Is there something I can log to see what is causing the delay?

NOTE: This seems to only occur when MC is first opened or has been sitting idle in the background.
I swear I am not here to drive you crazy!

bogdanbz

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2022, 02:55:56 pm »

I don't know if it's this version or the one before, but there's a lot of visible aliasing now when using Jinc as the upsampling algorithm (no doubling, no SuperRes). It's quite visible on animation content, with its sharp contours, but can be seen even on text format subtitles when upsized to 4K.

Here's such an example:

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2022, 06:41:16 pm »

I don't know if it's this version or the one before, but there's a lot of visible aliasing now when using Jinc as the upsampling algorithm (no doubling, no SuperRes). It's quite visible on animation content, with its sharp contours, but can be seen even on text format subtitles when upsized to 4K.

Here's such an example:

If those are actual text subtitles, not baked into the video, then they should not get upscaled, unless you have a limited subtitle resolution configured?
And in that case, I don't think it uses the main scaler for that, but something simpler.

I don't think scaling should've changed substantially otherwise. Maybe open a new thread and include a OSD shot to see what its going?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2022, 08:23:21 pm »

Sorry -  :) I think is not completely fixed.
Tested with Bitstreaming off, rme HDSPe AIO Pro Card, rme ASIO Driver:
Input is a DSD 256 file (x4) 64bit, 11.3 MHz.

The correct message should be (Or am I wrong?):

Downsample 4x for DSD to PCM conversion
Resample 11,3 MHz to 192 kHz with Sox

The actual conversion from DSD to PCM always creates PCM at 1/8 of the DSD sample rank. So, in this case, 11.3 Mhz DSD is changed to 1.4 MHz PCM by the DSD to PCM conversions. The 1.4 Mhz PCM is then resampled by Sox to the final PCM sample rate (192 Khz) for final playback.

Manfred

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2022, 02:07:34 am »

Thank you dtc!  I was was not aware about the 1/8 rule MC uses. It should made no effect, but should the final pcm sample rate then not be 176.4 kHz?

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2022, 07:07:55 am »

Thank you dtc!  I was was not aware about the 1/8 rule MC uses. It should made no effect, but should the final pcm sample rate then not be 176.4 kHz?

Yes, 176.4 KHz would probably be better than 192 KHz, as downsampling by an integer amount is somewhat more efficient, although with Sox, it probably does not make a lot of difference. In the past, not all DACs did 176.4, so 192 became the standard in that range, just as 96 became more common that 88.1. A purist would prefer 176.4 since it is an integer multiple.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2022, 09:30:10 am »

Yes, Italian

Sorry, I switched MC to Italian and cannot reproduce this.  Please try changing the browser engine to Chromium and see if you get different results.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2022, 10:36:30 am »

Is the blue selection box displayed when it does not work for you?  I find I have to click on the page to remove the selection before ALT+Left/Right work.  Backspace does not ever seem to work for me.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2022, 11:21:19 am »

Is the blue selection box displayed when it does not work for you?  I find I have to click on the page to remove the selection before ALT+Left/Right work.  Backspace does not ever seem to work for me.
I just gave it a quick try again, and the blue selection box (either on the artist's name or one of the thumbnails) does seem to induce the problem.  However that is not a necessary condition - keyboard shortcuts can become unresponsive without a selection box.  So far I cannot detect any reproducible pattern for the behavior.  However when my <alt>+<left/right arrow> work, then so does my <backspace>.

On another note re SpotLight "history stack" navigation: if you back out of Spotlight to the original album thumbnail, then right arrow gets you back to artist's SpotLight without reloading from web (good), however all history beyond this point is lost wrt arrow navigation (bad).  Ideally, if you back out and immediately arrow back in, then I would like to see all related SpotLight history preserved for navigation, at least until you change the route.

JRiver MC 29.0.62   Windows 11 (64-bit)  Default Browser: Firefox

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2022, 12:38:13 pm »

On another note re SpotLight "history stack" navigation: if you back out of Spotlight to the original album thumbnail, then right arrow gets you back to artist's SpotLight without reloading from web (good), however all history beyond this point is lost wrt arrow navigation (bad).  Ideally, if you back out and immediately arrow back in, then I would like to see all related SpotLight history preserved for navigation, at least until you change the route.

The history is lost when the browser is closed/destroyed.  If you hold down on the Spotlight button it will open in a new tab which will allow you to maintain the history while MC and that tab is open.

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2022, 04:07:02 am »

Please try changing the browser engine to Chromium and see if you get different results.

With Chromium spotlight it still doesn't work with TV series and the only difference is that everything goes slower.

Speaking of the language, I must say that while on the laptop where MC is installed only for the various tests, if I set Italian as the language and update it, Spotlight is in Italian and when I go back to English, Spotlight also changes.

On the htpc, however, the language is set to English but spotlight is in Italian (that's okay with me) and by changing the default language, Spotlight always remains in Italian

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2022, 11:31:36 am »

I find the same behavior as you report if I set Tools > Options > Tree & View > Web browser > Engine:  Microsoft Edge (recommended).
For my previous posts, I had Chromium selected for MC (my Windows browser was Firefox), and in that case the behavior is less predictable, as described above.

Anyway, I don't see a benefit to having the Blue Selection Box automatically appear around the artist's name when view is changed.  The name's Wikipedia tooltip and link work with or without the blue box.  Once the behavior is discovered, I find the box annoying.
Pages: [1]   Go Up