INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exporting Playlists from Windows version to Linux version  (Read 1211 times)

Dolphinspain

Exporting Playlists from Windows version to Linux version
« on: June 16, 2022, 08:37:23 am »

I have two versions of JRiver29, one for Windows, the other for Linux. I did fully configure the Windows version. Do you know if Is it possible to export the playlists of that Windows version to be used by Linux version? I’m aware that, afterwards, I would need to adjust the paths, as in Windows path show unit letter and backslashes(\), and in Linux with slashes (/) without any unit letter. Thank you for your help

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Exporting Playlists from Windows version to Linux version
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 06:39:06 pm »

Easy..... just export your playlists to .mpl files with "relative path" checked. Save all playlists in the same folder within your media folders, and direct MC to watch/auto-import them whatever OS is being used.

You can also save cloudplay playlists this way (I don't think relative path is needed).

I have a "Playlists" folder within my music folders with all exported lists. Playlists will show up under Imported Playlists and can be moved from there if desired (in Windows).
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 03:04:53 pm »

We just added that to the latest builds. You can export one or all playlists with native or the "other OS" path separator.

The linux and Mac versions are out.
Windows version will be posted soon.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 03:20:44 pm »

Thanks, Bob.

Dolphinspain

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2022, 06:33:54 am »

Thank you very much Zhillsguy and Bob for your help.
I'll follow your indications and let you know
Pages: [1]   Go Up