INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Smartlists: Help Us  (Read 2302 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Auto Smartlists: Help Us
« on: March 03, 2003, 09:53:47 am »

What smartlists would be good under "Auto Smartlists (video & image)"?

Also, are there any we should add or remove from "Auto Smartlists (music)"?

Thanks!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bennyd

• Project Leader
Re: Auto Smartlists: Help Us
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2003, 10:02:38 am »

To add:

Random list of artists that only appears once in the list
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

dragyn

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2003, 11:06:57 am »

I made a smartlist that showed which files had cover art and if it was internal/external. It worked pretty good. Not sure if it would be that helpful to the normal user or not.

As for video files, no idea. Maybe include favorite videos, last imported videos etc like for music.

dragyn

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2003, 11:11:39 am »

and you know, if you want to "keep up" with WMP, you could add the daytime/nighttime/weekend/etc smartlists. You would just need some kind of auto-set during playback of what time of day it is.

I don't think it would be that hard to implement. You already set it for lastplayed anyway. Same with numberplays.

Marty3d

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2003, 11:42:21 am »

A good thing would be to fix the present ones. For instance, Top Hits smartlists doesn't include any top hits item, they're just random :) (mentioned this a number of times in the bug report...)

/Martin

Seviien

• World Citizen
  • SteveG for President! :)
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2003, 12:12:05 pm »

As far as i can tell, the top hits playlist is composed of the tracks with the largest play counts.  I remember being able to set the number of tracks in the list in v8, but cant figure out how to do that anymore.

I'm not sure what's in the default smartlist groupings, but one's i find useful that don't use custom fields are:
Missing -- Genre
Missing -- Image
Missing -- Lyrics
Missing -- Year
Run Chartfinder     (Comment field is empty)

It would be *super* *super* sweet if we could delete the autosmart list groups alltogether and not have to worry about them popping up again if we dont want them.  Maybe an option to "regenerate auto smartlist" in case we want them again.  As i said in another post, right now they dont like being moved or deleted and will just respawn...

Marty3d

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2003, 12:19:38 pm »

As far as i can tell, the top hits playlist is composed of the tracks with the largest play counts.  I remember being able to set the number of tracks in the list in v8, but cant figure out how to do that anymore.

I'm not referring to the oldskool Top Hits, but the various Top Hits items in Auto smartlists...

Carl

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2003, 12:30:48 pm »

This may not be exactly what you are asking but it does pertain to smartlists. I would like to see the refresh option when you right click on a smatlist. I know you can use F5 to generate a new list but it would be nice on the right click menu as well. Mostly it would be useful on random lists.

Carl

Phydeaux

• World Citizen
  • No comment... ;)
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2003, 12:54:46 am »

Movies: ie: longer than 60 minutes
Clips: ie: shorter than 10 minutes
etc.
"Evil will always triumph over Good because Good is dumb." -- Spaceballs

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2003, 07:10:17 am »

I think top hits should be picked based on  (play count/days since download), not just the number of times a track has been played.

dylanstan

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love MJ V9! At last cover view! Big Kiss!!!
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2003, 07:41:05 pm »

Well, i can ask again for some of my favorites wish lists ;D

1. one random song for every artist and/or album

2. Smart top hit list. Where we could set the more listened songs in a determinate time, f.i. between 2003-03-01 and 2003-03-31. This will require for full application that the number of plays displayed were the number in that determinate time. Using the actual system only the old songs will appear in the top hits

I wish unless the first one were possible  ;)

Marty3d

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2003, 11:05:41 pm »

2. Smart top hit list. Where we could set the more listened songs in a determinate time, f.i. between 2003-03-01 and 2003-03-31. This will require for full application that the number of plays displayed were the number in that determinate time. Using the actual system only the old songs will appear in the top hits

This one is an old request from me as well... To set the time for each time a track has been played instead of just setting the last date played... but I reckon it would be too much trouble re-constructing the system for this now :)

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2003, 01:07:06 am »

Matt,

I would like to make a smartlist that will give me one complete album, picked at random and sorted by track#.  Each day it would have a new album on it.  I'd call it "Today's Album"

Can I do this now?  If not, that's what I'd like to see in a new smartlist.

If so, can you please tell me how?  :D
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

nila

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2003, 10:48:58 pm »

I agree with the 'Movies' 'Clips' ones.

Cant really think of any others.

I would DEFINITELY like to see an option though to re-create all smartlists etc if we had deleted them to let them all be automatically re-created.

V-Man

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2003, 03:56:38 am »

I second the wish for a smartlist to select a complete album at random.

nila

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2003, 04:58:22 am »

Yeah - and if the album has cover art it should show it in the cover art mode as default :)

Then it'd really make it appear like: 1 Album :)

NoCodeUK

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2003, 05:17:02 am »

For the Audio section - a smartlist to produce sixty minutes of random music without duplicating an artist / album eg one track per artist...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

forresto

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
What about BPM or Intensity smartlists?
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2003, 08:12:38 pm »

What about BPM or Intensity smartlists? That would seem to be pretty easy to implement

nila

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2003, 04:10:57 am »

Yeah - If you could do ones that tried to guess moods of music:

ie: Mellow Music, Wild, blah blah blah

A program called MoodLogic does this - I tried it once purely to be able to have it automatically choose me music depending on the mood I was in.

I'm not sure but I'd imagine BPM and intensity could do something like this if combined :)

iCamp

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2003, 06:56:54 am »

Maybe this is already possible...

Can you make it so Auto Smartlists (& our the Smartlists we create ourselves) are downloadable?  It would be cool if we could share smartlists and download "professionally" created ones from this website.

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2003, 07:21:29 am »

Maybe this is already possible...

Can you make it so Auto Smartlists (& our the Smartlists we create ourselves) are downloadable?  It would be cool if we could share smartlists and download "professionally" created ones from this website.

I'll second that.  That way you could just post your best-designed smartlists to a website, folks'd click 'em, and they'd download and install, just like a plugin.  Would be neat.
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

nila

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2003, 01:37:25 am »

My vote for posting smart lists too.
Some people really spend quite a bit of time and effort working out good smart lists that some of us would never think of.
This would really be a great feature to help sell MJ and it's feature set without you guys having to do much.

Just like Winamp's skinning ability got it a lot of extra attention from all the free skins posted without the makers having to do any work.

If this was integrated into Mj so we could right click on a smart playlist and choose 'share smartlist with other users' or something to automatically add it to the site.
Pages: [1]   Go Up