INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipod not recognised by MC  (Read 1068 times)

cappi

ipod not recognised by MC
« on: July 09, 2022, 09:06:23 am »

Hi-Any help pls. Loaded M.C. on Mac 11.6 - Attached iPod (recognised on system info) not recognised as external device on APP

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
Re: ipod not recognised by MC
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2022, 09:43:57 am »

The iPod wouldn't show up as a renderer in MC and is only supported by JRemote.  Take a look at the wiki on Remotes.

cappi

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2022, 09:59:03 am »

Thanks for replying- Im lost- my iPod touch 5, is my music player plugged into the Mac's USB, it has never been used as a remote control.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2022, 08:39:24 am »

Unfortunately, syncing to Ipods has been broken for a long time.  Apparently Apple started encrypting some portion of the ipod which makes it hard/impossible to sync using anything other than Apple provided programs (like itunes and Apple Music).

Apparently anything as new as a 4th gen ipod nano has this encryption.  So your 5th gen touch is almost certainly one of the modern ones that can no longer sync with MC.

I was messing around for a while with doing a handheld sync to a directory on my hard disk.  Then using itunes to move those files to the iphone where I played them with a third party app.  But it was too awkward and I mostly gave up on it.  My iphone has no music on it at the moment.

Good luck to you.
Brian.

Outlaw Audio

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dogs......because people suck
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2022, 10:49:22 am »

There are apps out there that will easily sync with an IOS device.  Some even play nice with MC.  Some are good, some are not so good, you just need to look  PM me for info
Pages: [1]   Go Up