INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Connecting MC to Sonos Beam Media Renderer  (Read 586 times)

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
Connecting MC to Sonos Beam Media Renderer
« on: July 04, 2022, 12:49:42 pm »

Trying to get MC to stream to a Sonos Beam Media Renderer sound bar.  MC sees it.  I try to play Flac files to it.  MC gives a message "Waiting" and after 4-5 seconds goes down the playlist to the next song and keeps repeating this never playing the tracks. 

Under DLNA Controller Options I tried various combinations of checking and unchecking those options (Ignore Transport, Disable SetNext, etc) without success.  MC is displaying a local IP address for the soundbar. 

Any help appreciated. 

Update - figured out a workaround.  Connected to the soundbar using bluetooth on my Android phone and then played music using MO 4Media. 

jack wallstreet

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Connecting MC to Sonos Beam Media Renderer
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2022, 11:27:09 am »

I periodically have this problem with my sonos setup, usually my MOVE speakers (there is more than one problem).  But in any event, with the MOVEs, I think I simply close MC and let it restart and find the speakers again.  This is not frequent, but not terribly unusual.  If need be, I'd just remove them and let MC do a complete reinstall. At worst reset the speaker and reinstall on the SONOS app.  I don't think it is likely a "setting."  My best guess.

P.S.  I also have a SONOS 5 speaker tv sound system (using ARC) and it works well with MC

P.S.S: One more thing to try.  I have found that JRemote (Iphone app) can (initially) sometimes work more reliably than working directly off MC on the desktop.  Once JRemote gets things started, MC on the desktop works fine.  I have no idea why that is sometimes the case, but it is part of my trial and error solutions.  (JUst to get the speakers working initially)
John

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
Re: Connecting MC to Sonos Beam Media Renderer
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2022, 10:38:18 am »

I periodically have this problem with my sonos setup, usually my MOVE speakers (there is more than one problem).  But in any event, with the MOVEs, I think I simply close MC and let it restart and find the speakers again.  This is not frequent, but not terribly unusual.  If need be, I'd just remove them and let MC do a complete reinstall. At worst reset the speaker and reinstall on the SONOS app.  I don't think it is likely a "setting."  My best guess.

P.S.  I also have a SONOS 5 speaker tv sound system (using ARC) and it works well with MC

P.S.S: One more thing to try.  I have found that JRemote (Iphone app) can (initially) sometimes work more reliably than working directly off MC on the desktop.  Once JRemote gets things started, MC on the desktop works fine.  I have no idea why that is sometimes the case, but it is part of my trial and error solutions.  (JUst to get the speakers working initially)
  Tried relaunching MC and also rebooting the PC.  None of those worked.  Another work-around is connecting to the TV via bluetooth from the PC and then playing through the MC player.  This works though is a little annoying because if I try to multitask on the PC, then audio streams from multiple PC sources (youtube, news, etc)  play at once to the Sonos. 

The workarounds that have worked are to !) connect to the TV and 2) let the TV direct the stream through the Sonos. All direct connection to the Sonos over wifi trigger the file format not supported message. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up