INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to change lyrics color and background in "Cover Art View"?  (Read 919 times)

Mount81

• Recent member

So I'm using JRiver with the Pearl Bailey Skin and when I click to enlarge the Cover Art / Lyrics window in the down-left corner, I always get this kind of result, with plain black background and white letters (see attachment).

How can I change this appearance, f.e. if I want the lyrics to be displayed with black letters and with light-gray background? Is there an option (which I couldn't find yet) somewhere in the JRiver settings?

Thanks for the replies!

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to change lyrics color and background in "Cover Art View"?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 08:37:37 am »

What do you mean by "in the down left corner"? As that skin behaves correctly and displays the lyrics in black on the skins grey background in every view
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

Mount81

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2022, 08:41:00 am »

What do you mean by "in the down left corner"? As that skin behaves correctly and displays the lyrics in black on the skins grey background in every view

In the down left corner is where it is "in little", but as I wrote, when I double click on it, that enlarges it to full screen is where the letters are white with black background (as seen on the attachment image).

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2022, 08:47:36 am »

Double Clicking on  the "Display Panel" that appears in the Tree when not in Playing Now view will cause that White Text on a Black Background effect for every skin. It needs fixing/changing by the Software team as here is nothing users can do about it; other than never double-clicking in that window.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

Mount81

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2022, 08:56:22 am »

I would like to rather use the tree view unfolded and clicking the Cover/lyrics window from there if I one to see a played tracks lyrics and cover enlarged, so hope there will be a fix for this. And as another problem is especially with the "Playing now" window vs. the "Audio->Files" tree view. As every time I click on the Playing now section the Audio->File tree view closes itself completely, and I have to begin to navigate every time again from the start of the file tree to find where it was opened before. Is there a way to help on this?

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2022, 09:24:17 am »

Mount81 - there is one way of avoiding that White-Text on a Black Background effect.

If instead of double-clicking in that panel you do a right-click and tell MC to detach the display - it will continue to use the skin's colour scheme and it allows you to resize it. Once you have finished with that window if the windows buttons are visible simply click on the close button, if not then right click on the window and tell MC to re-attach it.

Mount81

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2022, 09:37:24 am »

Mount81 - there is one way of avoiding that White-Text on a Black Background effect.

If instead of double-clicking in that panel you do a right-click and tell MC to detach the display - it will continue to use the skin's colour scheme and it allows you to resize it. Once you have finished with that window if the windows buttons are visible simply click on the close button, if not then right click on the window and tell MC to re-attach it.

It doesn't work for me. After I click "Detach Display", and it pops up in a different little window the letters are changed white and the background to black. So still the same...

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2022, 07:09:24 pm »

Rather than use the "Display View" in the bottom left, if you select "Playing Now" so that the playlist and image come up in the main window and then right click on the image and select "Display Lyrics" it will follow the skin you have enabled.

Mount81

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2022, 08:37:59 pm »

I know it works in "Playing now" view and I have also told, what is my complaint regarding the Playing now view...

Mount81

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2023, 11:01:03 pm »

Hello!

So there will be no fix founded for this particular issue?
As I see now in JRiver v.30 the background color still appear always in plain black with white letters when the Cover + Lyrics window is enlarged.
Pages: [1]   Go Up