INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 29.0.70 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 1883 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 29.0.70 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: July 12, 2022, 02:10:59 pm »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 29.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v29/latest/MediaCenter290070-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

Download 32-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v29/latest/MediaCenter290070.exe (works on all systems)

29.0.70 (7/8/2022)

1. NEW: Made kernel streaming optional in Options > General > Advanced.
2. Changed: When kernel streaming enumerates devices, it turns off kernel streaming, does the work, and turns it on if it works.  This way a crash will turn off kernel streaming.

29.0.69 (7/7/2022)

1. Changed: The cover view toolbar button shows in all views now (Playing Now, Cloudplay, etc.).
2. Changed: Artist Spotlight uses local cover art for albums in your library.
3. NEW: Artist Spotlight shows albums in your library that were not matched in internet search.
4. Changed: Updated all translations to the latest strings from the code.
5. NEW: Configuration Profiles for JRVR (video renderer).
6. Changed: The PlaylistTime expression takes an optional parameter to specify if the value should be formatted (defaults to yes, returns raw milliseconds if not).
7. NEW: Added a User() expression function to return the name of the current user.

29.0.68 (7/5/2022)

1. Fixed: The zooming and center shift properties were not passed to client playback file during client playback of live TV channels.
2. Fixed: Setting allow custom data override would not work properly in Panes if the data type was set to list.
3. Fixed: The combobox to pick library field flags could open again after closing in some cases (may apply to other combos as well).
4. Changed: When you set the view name for a library view, it will no longer be overridden when you select another location or template.
5. NEW: Added a preset button to the Fill Properties From Filename tool.
6. Changed: Updated Czech translation (thanks Jan Boháč).

29.0.67 (6/30/2022)

1. Changed: Expanded options to repeat EPG loading every 2, 3, or 7 days.
2. Fixed: Handheld filename rules with a dot did not work nicely as everything after the dot was read as the extension.
3. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
4. NEW: Zooming and center shifting of video position during live TV playback will cause these properties to be saved for the TV channel so that the same will be applied the next time the channel is played.

29.0.66 (6/27/2022)

1. NEW: Add SHOW_THEATER_VIEW_MODE_SPOTLIGHT (13) to MCC_THEATER_VIEW which shows the Spotlight page for the currently playing file.
2. NEW: Using OSD commands (i.e. remote control or keyboard) to change aspect ratio settings during live TV playback will save the settings so that the same setting will be used in the future.
3. Changed: Memory playback disables for URLs that have no length reported.
4. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
5. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
6. Fixed: Handheld transfer when connected to a Library Server was not working in all cases.

29.0.65 (6/23/2022)

1. Changed: Put the top border back in dialogs that are maximizable because removal was causing drawing artifacts in DSP Studio and possibly other areas.
2. NEW: The option to use forward slashes is in the export playlist and export all playlists dialogs.
3. Fixed: When a client plays a live TV channel using a server tuner, the ""PlaybackInfo" tag was not passed to the client and thus not applied on the client.
4. Changed: A different attempt at smooth progress (local zones only) that's hopefully smoother.
5. Fixed: Seeking holding down next or previous wasn't working since the smooth progress addition.
6. NEW: Added a couple of stock Smartlists: "Television -- Channels" and "Television -- Guide".
7. NEW: Skins can specify "Gridlines" for the Analyzer.
8. NEW: Add Spotlight functions GetPage and ClearCache to MCWS and make Spotlight work outside of MC. Please clear cache by temporarily switching skin.

29.0.64 (6/21/2022)

1. Changed: Spotlight loading page uses skin background and text colors.
2. Changed: Tuner option "Do not show this device in Theater View Tuner Status display" in Standard View tuner configuration dialog.
3. NEW: TV Tuners can be assigned a nickname (created or edited in Standard View) for display in Theater View Tuner Status.
4. Fixed: The smooth player bar would stop being smooth after going to display view and back.
5. NEW: The regular progress bar (not waveform) is smooth as well.
6. NEW: Skins can specify an ANALYZER section and provide a background color (example: <Colors Background="ff00ff" />).
7. Fixed: NVIDIA NVENC hardware video encoding did not work reliably on all newer drivers.
8. Fixed: The smooth progress bar would stop being smooth after going in or coming out of display view.
9. Fixed: Multiple comboboxes could be opened at once (instead of the first closing).
10. NEW: Manage Library Fields remembers the size and position between uses.
11. NEW: Manage Library Fields remembers the filter selection between uses.

29.0.63 (6/16/2022)

1. Changed: Tooltips are hidden in Spotlight when using remote/keyboard navigation.
2. Fixed: Could not select tv show season with remote/keyboard in Spotlight.
3. Fixed: Back navigation in Spotlight was not working properly in Theater View when using Chromium browser engine.
4. Changed: Skin change in MC clears out all Spotlight caches.
5. Fixed: ASS/SSA subtitles with unicode characters in their path or name did not load properly.
6. NEW: The position slider moves more smoothly (drawn each time the slider moves a pixel instead of once a second).
7. Changed: There is more space below the rules and modify sections of the search / smartlist dialog.
8. Changed: A little additional tuning of the edit search / smartlist dialog (feedback appreciated).
9. Changed: The Analyzer DSP uses dark grey for a background color.
10. Changed: The Analyzer DSP uses the text color for the axis labels instead of a hard coded value.
11. NEW: TV Tuners can be hidden from Theater View's "Tuner Status..." display.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

comox

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 29.0.70 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2022, 12:45:52 am »

Changed: Artist Spotlight uses local cover art for albums in your library.

Most of my albums have an mht info file tagged with the same Artist, Album, Date as the audio files.

When in Spotlight the artwork displayed for an album is the thumbnail for an mht (in my case the Edge browser thumbnail) rather than the artwork imbedded in the audio files.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 09:23:42 am »

When in Spotlight the artwork displayed for an album is the thumbnail for an mht (in my case the Edge browser thumbnail) rather than the artwork imbedded in the audio files.

Sorry, this should be fixed in build 72.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

comox

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 03:02:08 pm »

Sorry, this should be fixed in build 72.

Thank you.

FYI, problem is not specific to mht's. I'm also seeing incorrect artwork for albums that have imported image files. Suggest you pull thumbnails from audio files only.

comox

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2022, 03:36:07 pm »

Sorry, one more related suggestion.

It's been an irritant for many years that views that display album thumbnails also often chose a thumbnail from an album file other than the desired audio file.

As a work around I either do not use album thumbnail views, or use them only in views that filter for audio only.

Perhaps you could fix this related problem at the same time?

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2022, 09:08:57 am »

It's been an irritant for many years that views that display album thumbnails also often chose a thumbnail from an album file other than the desired audio file.

Can you please explain this more?  In what view does it show the wrong album thumbnail?
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

comox

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2022, 10:13:24 am »

Can you please explain this more?  In what view does it show the wrong album thumbnail?

1) Choose any view with many music albums that displays all file types.
2) Note that the albums must have some data and/or image files imported and tagged with the same Artist, Album, Date as the audio files.
3) Select List Style: Album Thumbnails

You will see the same thing we are seeing with Spotlight. The displayed thumbnail is sometimes, but not always, selected from one of the data or image files, rather than the desired audio files.

I'm not sure but it seems which thumbnail is selected may be random because I have spent many hours without success fiddling with sort orders trying to make audio thumbnails consistently display.

I now never use List Style: Album Thumbnails unless I have filtered for audio only because the thumbnails are a mess if all file types are displayed.

jack wallstreet

Fill Properties from Filename - lost a template on update to 70
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2022, 09:26:54 pm »

I just updated to .70 and did a Fill Properties from Filename.  It was set to automatic and nothing happened.  I had to go and build a template and then it worked fine. It seems that either the "automatic" doesn't work or the template I had set up years ago disappeared.  No other issues I know of.  Don't know if I did something unusual (can't think of anything) or something was lost when I updated to .70.   Just FYI, in case.
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up