INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 29.0.63 64-bit: Shield and Phone  (Read 1295 times)

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
29.0.63 64-bit: Shield and Phone
« on: August 01, 2022, 03:21:19 pm »

Hi all, I am back for another round of trying make JRiver for Android work. I still have JRiver for Android on my NVidia Shield and my Galaxy S20+ 5G phoone. Currently its ver. 29.0.63 64-bit (I guess its beta).

SHIELD:
1) It sort of works on the Shield! I have it looking through the network to my main PC where I keep my main media library. It can see the library, and sometimes even play some stuff from it. Sometimes it sees my smartlists and can play smaller lists. Is there a way to tell it to actually default to my PC library? Because it wants to use its own Shield library that just has a couple songs and videos for testing. It is inconvenient to keep switching to the main PC library, especially with all the crashes and re-starts. I want it to default to the big library through the network, but if my PC (and JRiver) is not on, I want a useful prompt saying the library is not available (that will remind me to open JRiver or look for issues).

2) Is there a place for settings? I found where to the choose libraries, but I don't see any "settings".

PHONE:
3) I just installed 29.0.63 on my phone and it won't launch. It had been launching but I couldn't get it to play. Soon I will be getting a new (used) car with Bluetooth and USB, and I want to play JRiver via the phone to the stereo.

When you get this app figured out it is going to be killer!

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: 29.0.63 64-bit: Shield and Phone
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 03:14:03 pm »

When you successfully load a library server, it will automatically default to loading it every time the app starts. However, if the app cannot connect to the library server, it will go back to the local library and default to that until the library server is loaded again. There are really no settings to change this in the app. We will add a prompt when it fails to connect to a library server though, so at least you'll know.

As for the phone issue, it's not something I have been able to reproduce. I've seen scattered reports in the past, but at the moment, I can't find any. What version of Android is your phone running? Do you ever see any of the interface, or is it just a white screen before it goes away?

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 04:06:59 pm »

Hi Brad, good to hear from you again! Thanks for getting back to me.

I am on Android 12. When I tap the icon to start the app it flashes white for perhaps 1/4th of a second, then goes away. If I click it a second time I get this error message.

"Something went wrong with JRiver for Android

JRiver for Android closed because this app has a bug

Try Updating this app after its developer provides a fix for this issue."

I know this is not much to go on.

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 03:04:22 am »

Has there been any progress on my issue? I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I am still having the same issue with the JRiver for Android 29.0.63 not launching. I still have a Samsung S20+ 5G.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 03:22:28 am »

That may be an Android issue.  Try a Google search.  Here's an example of what can be found:

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/2668665?hl=en

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2022, 08:55:15 am »

First, thank you for the reply, Jim.

OK, I had already tried these things, but I went through them again. Version 29.0.63 still would not launch. Then I tried the most recent older version I had, which is 29.0.24, and it launches, but does not function well. I see on this forum that there is a 29.0.50. Is that the most recent before .63? When I go to the Play Store (did I mention how much I disapprove of that site?) it only shows .63. How do I get .50?

Or is there a newer version nearing release?

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2022, 10:00:20 pm »

Bump.

I am still trying to get JRiver for Android and smartlists working on my phone. I have been away from the forums for a while so I may have missed something.

29.0.24 launches for me but seems to do nothing. I have a large amount of music on the phone and while I can play music with other simple free apps, JRiver isn't seeing my music.

29.0.63 wouldn't launch when I had it installed.

So...

1) Is there a way to get 29.0.50 so I can try it?

2) Is JRiver for Android still being developed?

BradATIMA

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2022, 06:02:17 pm »

Sorry, I must have missed your last post. JRiver for Android is still in development. As for your first question, I sent you a PM.
Pages: [1]   Go Up