INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free/Not Free  (Read 729 times)

getstew

• Recent member
Free/Not Free
« on: August 14, 2022, 03:27:45 pm »

Hi-

I downloaded the Media Center trial and like it. Then I saw Jukebox is a free download?
What are the differences?

Does Jukebox allow you to insert a delay when manually switching audio tracks the way Media Center does? That's THE most important feature to me and the only reason I haven't just gone with another media player.

Thanks much!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Free/Not Free
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2022, 04:46:51 pm »

Media Jukebox hasn't been available for at least a decade.

getstew

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2022, 05:59:14 pm »

Ah, well, still comes up in a search. Thanks.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2022, 09:43:00 am »

There are a few weird things that come up with you search JRiver deals. 

Sometime around 2015 I was looking for a new media player, found MC, and tried it out.  After 30 days I was really quite hooked.  I decided to pay the price because software developers deserve to get paid for good software.  Now 7 years and 10 versions later, I'm really happy I did. 

MC has incredible depth.  Backups, renames, moving your collection across drives:  All of these things are baked in and done in the best way I've personally seen.  The expression language, views, and especially PANES are incredibly powerful.

MC helped me take control of my collection.  I've often said that I am my own digital librarian.  MC lets me do those librarian duties and really control and "own" my collection.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up