INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Export all playlists without paths  (Read 775 times)

rick5

• Recent member
Export all playlists without paths
« on: August 23, 2022, 01:58:15 pm »

I want to export all my playlists in M3U8 or  M3U format to a USB thumb drive, WITHOUT the file paths of my JRiver library (Windows PC).  I then copy .m3u files to my android phone or other handheld, where file paths will differ, and where the music files already reside.

With File>Export Playlist (or All Playlist) I expected “Store paths relative to exported playlist location" to do this, but while it eliminates the Drive letter (C:), the folder name of my JRiver PC library remains (for example I get “.\..\..\..\Music JRiver FLAC\[artist/album/track]"

I can "replace all" the file paths in each m3u text file using a text editor like Note+ or Word, but so cumbersome, for my many playlists.

I experimented with >Tools>Options>Handheld, and changed the Audio Path, which resulted in usable .m3u files, BUT in addition to the .m3u files, sync seems to insist on copying all the music files to the thumb drive as well.  I guess I could do the sync  then delete the mass of music files (>3000 in my playlists) from the thumb drive, saving the .m3u files, which is okay for the first run, but a pain when I sync changes in playlists if music files recopy. Could there be an option to create the playlist .m3u files without copying the music?

I hope I’m just missing the simple solution - thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up