INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP Studio Source number of channels does not change back  (Read 711 times)

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
DSP Studio Source number of channels does not change back
« on: September 11, 2022, 02:35:34 pm »

Hi,
In DSP Studio, the source number of channels changes from "Source number of channels" to "2 channels (stereo)" when playing a multi channel movie on my computers speakers (stereo) and my AVR turned OFF.
However, the channel count do not change back (after stopping the movie) to the default "Source number of channels" when playing the same multichannel movie with my AVR turned ON.
The channel count is stuck on 2 channel (stereo) and I have to manually change it back to "Source number of channels" to get the correct output to my AVR.
To be clear the movie is a multi channel movie and the Zone is the same, it is the DSP setting "Channels:" that changes to "2 channels stereo" when playing the multi channel movie on a 2 channel output, the problem is that when playing the same movie on my multi channel output the "Channels:" is still stuck on "2 channel stereo"

Se attachment where the output is stuck on 2 channel even though I'm playing the movie thru the AVR.
The second attachment shows when I manually change the channels back to "Source number of channels".

Is there a way of having Channels: always revert back to default and set to "Source number of channels" after JRiver movie is stopped and JRiver MC is closed and then opened again.
So that I don't manually have to check and change back to to "Source number of channels" every time I want to watch a movie thru my AVR.
Hardware: Intel Core i5-8600K 16GB RAM, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 8GB DUAL OC
Software: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 2004, JRiver MC 29, MadVr 0.92.17 (Beta 113), NVIDIA driver 457.09
Projector: JVC DLA-I X5500 (RS420, X570R) -
Screen: DNP Supernova 08-85
Processor: Anthem AVM 70
Power amp: XTZ A2-400 for Front & Center - XTZ A2-300 for Surround & Height channels
Speakers: Arendal 1723 S Monitor for Front & Center, Linn Unik for Front Height, Rear Height, Surround & Surround back. Elipson Planet M for Top Middle.
Sub: Arendal 1723 1S

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
Re: DSP Studio Source number of channels does not change back
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022, 01:48:56 pm »

I'm bumping my own question as I think there would be a real benefit, with no drawbacks, to MC if there would be a default value that MC could revert back to as per my question.

Best regards and Happy New Year!

Hardware: Intel Core i5-8600K 16GB RAM, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 8GB DUAL OC
Software: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 2004, JRiver MC 29, MadVr 0.92.17 (Beta 113), NVIDIA driver 457.09
Projector: JVC DLA-I X5500 (RS420, X570R) -
Screen: DNP Supernova 08-85
Processor: Anthem AVM 70
Power amp: XTZ A2-400 for Front & Center - XTZ A2-300 for Surround & Height channels
Speakers: Arendal 1723 S Monitor for Front & Center, Linn Unik for Front Height, Rear Height, Surround & Surround back. Elipson Planet M for Top Middle.
Sub: Arendal 1723 1S

S. Pupp

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: DSP Studio Source number of channels does not change back
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 08:03:20 pm »

Having had the same problem, I agree with your suggestion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up