INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist to list duplicate singles (ADVANCED)?  (Read 1218 times)

m@Xist

• Recent member
Smartlist to list duplicate singles (ADVANCED)?
« on: September 14, 2022, 12:48:45 pm »

Hi y'all
First of all, to the admins: it would be great to have a version- and platform-independent section for scripting in general :)

Now, the wrap-up: I want to have a smartlist to list all duplicate singles. Singles are classified by having "Grouping contains SINGLES". Single's album fields are named as follows: <ALBUMNAME> - Single{ [<BITDEPTH>-<SAMPLERATE>]}.

I have already set up a Smartlist with modifier as follows: "Only duplicates of: Name, Artist". But this will also yield singles with completely different album names, which I do not want. It should also include the Album attribute, but only a substring.

Therefore, I would need to be able to condition a string (on query without saving) before the modifier is being applied, that is analogously, "Only duplicates of: LEFT([Album],n)"

An alternative would be to add a library field say "ALBUMTRUNCATED", which in turn I run through the modifier, but this I don't like.

Any hints?
Pages: [1]   Go Up