INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 29.0.87 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 6022 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 29.0.87 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: September 15, 2022, 05:37:35 am »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 29.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v29/latest/MediaCenter290087-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

Download 32-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v29/latest/MediaCenter290087.exe (works on all systems)

29.0.87 (9/7/2022)

1. Fixed: Some Thai characters were not being rendered properly.
2. Changed: The MCWS function Files/Search returns a failure if no matching files are found.

29.0.86 (8/15/2022)

1. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 8.51 which switches 24-bit encoding back to the more widely compatible format.
2. Changed: Updated all translations to the latest strings from the code.

29.0.85 (8/10/2022)

1. Fixed: JRVR did not properly account for the chroma location in all situations.
2. Fixed: JRVR profiles were not handled in live TV playback.
3. Changed: Video Playback will more thoroughly keep the screen from turning off.

29.0.84 (8/4/2022)

1. Changed: Updated the name for JRiver in WebPlay and updated the copyrights.

29.0.83 (8/2/2022)

1. Fixed: When switching TV channel MC could crash since build 80.
2. NEW: Spotlight added to right-click / context menu for files. Left-click and hold on file no longer launches Spotlight.
3. NEW: Added MCC_SHOW_SPOTLIGHT (#22041, param 0: current file, 1: current selection)

29.0.82 (8/1/2022)

1. Fixed: Showing the new history menu could crash in some cases.

29.0.81 (7/28/2022)

1. Fixed: The uninstaller could fail to start in some cases.

29.0.80 (7/27/2022)

1. Changed: Internal change on DirectShow based TV playback and recording.
2. Changed: Adjusted how the volume fade feature is done in the Scheduler (now it takes a number of seconds for more control and adds labels).
3. NEW: Left-click and hold on file in list or top player bar text launches Spotlight in a new tab.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

herr_schneider

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver Media Center 29.0.87 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 02:46:59 am »

Hello. The filenaming bug when synching to Android devices (every file transferred as 'GetFile' without extension) is still not fixed, it is around for a while now, preventing me from synching to the device. Something which worked for years.  :'(

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 03:08:11 am »

It should be fixed in MC30.

herr_schneider

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2022, 05:27:25 am »

It should be fixed in MC30.
Let me say it this way: had I known that before, I would not have purchased the update license to 30. This is a bug, introduced with 29, maybe 28. I cite "should be a small fix" (look into the Handheld forum on that). Now wait how long for the first stable version of 30? Another 3 months before I can start synching my device again? It has been working. Wouldn't I have been entitled for a fix of a known and approved bug for an owned license? I think so. Well, it is a free world, and it will have been my last license. Disappointing after so many years of continued license purchase. Sorry.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2022, 06:46:20 am »

Gee.  Sorry.  I'm not sure if this is our bug or an Android change.  In any case, you won't have to wait 3 months to try it.

StukaFox

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2022, 09:39:54 am »

Hello,

Last night I upgraded to 29.0.87 from the last stable build and something odd/annoying happened: the track listing for all my audio albums are now scrambled and I can't reorder them back to sequential order. This only happens under the genre view (album and artist views show the correct track numbering). I've tried sorting by clicking the "Track#" selection when listening to an individual album and after the tracks correctly sort, a number appears next to the "track#" (a "1" in this case). If I play the album, the tracks stay in the correct order, but immediately revert to a random order if I select another album or genre.

I am running Windows 10, latest patch version. I am a licensed user. I only use JRiver for listening to music (if any of these facts are of help at all).

Any advice?

Thanks.

herr_schneider

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2022, 06:18:05 am »

I'm not sure if this is our bug or an Android change.
I did not update my smartphone Android since a year (there have not been any pushes since...) - so I would not see a reason to consider this an Android bug. Also, since it is active pushing from Windows to Android and all other tools / means (File Explorer, Android Suite for my phone, One Way Sync tool in another Music App) work, I would not understand that qualification either. As I said: the actual file content is what you would expect, it is only the filename weirdness...

BR
Marcus

jkrichards

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2022, 10:01:12 am »

Streaming Radio Paradise seems to crash both the client and server after the track count gets over 180.  I went back to build 58 and it does the same thing.

Smack

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2022, 03:43:27 am »

I got a strange but annoying problem with the latest release. I start windows directly into JRiver with Theatermode.
The problem is that every time I have to click with the mouse onto the screen before I could use the remote control. It seems that I have to bring JRiver into the front screen. Without clicking on the screen the remote control does not work.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2022, 07:41:14 am »

Streaming Radio Paradise seems to crash both the client and server after the track count gets over 180.  I went back to build 58 and it does the same thing.

I just played Radio Paradise past the 200 song mark.

Maybe capture a crash dump (look in the wiki) and share it with matt at jriver?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jkrichards

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2022, 03:13:49 pm »

I just played Radio Paradise past the 200 song mark.

Maybe capture a crash dump (look in the wiki) and share it with matt at jriver?

Thanks.

Will do.  Thanks!

Smack

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2022, 12:58:07 am »

@hendrik could you please look into the problem i posted a few days ago?? it's really annoying

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2022, 11:58:12 am »

While in the midst of playback (Flac 44.1/16) MC suddenly ceases playing, shows BUFFERING message and freezes.

This time I managed to see an error message window flash by: Error Tagging (previous file?)
I have tags saving Last Played and expect MC was unable to update that tag in the previously played file.
I swear I am not here to drive you crazy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up