INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: V 29.08.86 playback issues  (Read 239 times)

trprowda

V 29.08.86 playback issues
« on: September 16, 2022, 03:00:01 pm »

I usually have a friend who is a whiz on this assist me with JRiver issues but they're not available right now. I just upgraded to V29.08.86 from V27. I have a 5TB hard drive that's a massive library of lots of high resolution audio files; I went to play back a file that's a 96/24 recording and received a flag that states:

Something went wrong with playback
          Details:
                Playback could not be started on the output WASAPI using format of 96Khz 2chan
                Mixing format of your hardware does not support the current output format
                Please use the Output Format Tool in DSP Studio to convert to the mixing format listed below:
                     Sample Rate: 44,100Khz
                     Channels: 2
                     Bits per ample: 32

I've never had any issue playing higher resolution files from the V 27 I had, I'm running a USB cable to an outboard DAC/preamp in my audio system (Topping DX-7s) which is capable of and have played files up to 196/24 previously with no issue. I'm also subscribed to Qobuz and can play any file up to that format, so I know it's not a hardware issue.

Another issue I'm having is in the listing of Grateful Dead shows I'm using what my friend calls the TreeView in the Interact format. On the left side of the page is a listing of show dates in chronological order, example: 1989-08-10, followed by 1989-09-10, etc. There are many dates that are out of order that I'd never noticed before, which is a challenge when I'm searching for a particular date, would appreciate advice on how to just click on something for the entire list that will restore the correct date order to everything

I'm an audiophile/music lover/Grateful Dead head. I just want to listen to music and hear it in the best possible quality. I'm an idiot as far as computers go. I like the flexibility of JRiver and now that I'm accustomed to it, ease of use

BUT...This is not a user friendly intuitive program to use, at least not fo me. Isn't there something like a JRiver for Idiots?
I'd appreciate any assistance that can be lent in this area.

Thanks, in advance
Tom Prowda

Pages: [1]   Go Up