INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Image Issue  (Read 751 times)

MajorCyco

• Junior Woodchuck
Album Image Issue
« on: September 20, 2022, 03:20:13 pm »

Recently I have had an issue with about 40% albums showing <various internal images> when looking at the album when tagging.  Looking at each of the songs individually, the images are there and are all the same .jpg file that I previously assigned for the album.

I have been deleting the old images and reassigning the image that was assigned to the album, but given the size of my collection, that would requiring re-tagging over a 1,000 albums.  Additionally concerned that what ever caused this, if not corrected, may do it again.

Soliciting ideas...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Album Image Issue
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 03:28:06 pm »

Try selecting just one track.  Do you still see that problem?

MajorCyco

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 03:59:32 pm »

No, if I select the individual files in the album, there is no problem as the cover art is there for all of the files.  Additionally, when I look at the image size for all of the individual songs, the file sizes are all the same.  This should indicated that they are all using the same image.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 04:26:05 pm »

They might look the same, but not be the same.

If you're looking at a single Album, try copying one image to the clipboard (right click on it in the tag window), then select all the images, right click, and remove, the right click and paste.

MajorCyco

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2022, 04:51:55 pm »

As to the the files being the same, loaded some of these images a few months ago.  No issue when I did that.  For example, looking at one album with 16 files, all of the images are 600x585, with a file size of 94.9kb.  Either they are the same file and MC is not not correctly seeing that they are the same, or MC is correct that they are not the same file as something altered one or more to throw off the image in album view.  Really not sure as I also store the image in the file tag.

I have been using the technique you outline below and it works without issue.  My concern with doing that is that I have 2,640 albums.  This is a whole lot of clicking.  ;)

Additionally concerned that what ever caused/is causing this will do it again after I make the corrections.

MajorCyco

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2022, 05:03:47 pm »

I tried the "Rebuild Thumbnail" and the cover art is restored.  Yeah!!!  :)

Lots of rebuilding, but a muuuuuch faster technique.  Ideally would like understand what happened so I can prevent it from happening again.

MajorCyco

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2022, 07:09:46 pm »

That was easy...

Turns out rebuilding thumbnails is pretty quick and easy.  Took about 20 minutes and it was done.  All is right again.   :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up