INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost Tuner  (Read 2249 times)

keithbaron

• Recent member
Lost Tuner
« on: October 05, 2022, 12:30:02 pm »

After upgrading to and installing JRiver Media Center 30 (30.0.15) today, my shared tuners are no longer available on my network.  Restarting and using version 29.0.87 restored functionality (JRiver Media Center 29).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Lost Tuner
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2022, 02:28:50 pm »

Try restoring your MC29 library to MC30 and pay attention to settings when you do.

keithbaron

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2022, 06:02:06 am »

I've done precisely that and still receive the following message when trying to access the tv tuners on the "entertainment" pc from the network pc.
“No television tuner is available to fulfill your request.  Please make sure you have a device that is not in use.  Also, you may need to allow the program to run longer for television… “
If I use Media Center 29 on the "entertainment" pc, the networked pc's using either Media Center 29 or 30 are able to access the tv tuners.
I believe I will continue to use Media Center 29 on the "entertainment" pc and Media Center 30 on the other network pc's to allow the best configuration for now.
Thank you in advance for your help.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2022, 08:05:08 am »

Is the tuner on a different IP address?  That might be a firewall or other security issue.

keithbaron

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2022, 11:03:31 am »

The Tuner is actually a AVerMedia 716x BDA ATSC Tuner dual card in the entertainment PC.  Both Media Center 29 and 30 have full access to the network without windows firewall impedance.  I've tried a clean install of Media Center 30 but continue with the issue.  I'll try to continue troubleshooting.  The entertainment PC is running windows 10.  I'm also running Webroot Secure Anywhere and need to check it.  I also need to check for the most recent tuner card drivers even though it works fine with Media Center 29.0.87.  When running Media Center 30.0.15, the tuner software on the entertainment PC is slow to change channels, and sometimes locks up the system.  The tuner information bar at the bottom of the screen fails to disappear unless I access it, such as changing the volume.

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2022, 04:49:12 am »

Hi keithbaron,

Have you tried toggling the networking option under MC options ?
Like disabling the checkbox, push save/done and then again enable the complete network feature again.
This will force Windows' Firewall settings to create a MC30 entry.
I'm guessing when upgrading aka installing MC30 you have been asked/introduced to allow Windows on adding a new firewall acceptance rule ?

Goodluck !

keithbaron

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2022, 07:09:11 am »

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Media Center 30 again, updated any video card and tuner card drivers that needed updating, and turned off all firewalls and the antivirus software for a short time in both PCs.  The networked PCs (running Media Center 29 or 30) are still unable to find the tuners which are installed in the entertainment PC (running Media Center 30).  If the entertainment PC runs Media Center 29, no problem.  The networked PCs run both Window 8.1 and 10.  Hopefully when a newer version of Media Center 30.0.15 is available, a new install will rectify this problem.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2022, 07:35:34 am »

Turning off antivirus may not be enough.  Uninstall the Webroot program.

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2022, 08:26:48 am »

Hi again Keithbaron,
Is MC/Media Center 30 listed as exceptions to the Windows Defender Firewall ?
Do you actually see these rules made and listed ?
My guess is you've got versions 29 listed as exception but not 30.
Both need separate rules as both .exe's run in separate folders/names.

Disabling the media networking incl DLNA option under MC's options and re-enable it again will force the rule to be made, after you accept the popup window.

Goodluck !

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2022, 08:23:22 pm »

@keithbaron, it looks like you were trying to access the tuner on the server from a client, via client-server setup.  I just realize that the functionality was broken, due to my work on the new time-shifting method.  It may take a few weeks before the functionality is restored.  Sorry about that.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

keithbaron

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2022, 06:19:22 am »

Version 30.0.26 has completely restored functionality.  Thank you for your diligent work.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2022, 09:19:24 am »

Thanks for the confirmation.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2022, 05:36:08 am »

I have a related - perhaps slightly different problem. I have the same hardware and same windows drivers loaded as the last 10 years, on a Compro VideoMate E900F card and is loaded device driver properly like it did in MC29, but settings, device comes up empty.

This is all I had to setup several years ago before the tuner would be recognised.
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2022, 06:56:13 pm »

I have a related - perhaps slightly different problem. I have the same hardware and same windows drivers loaded as the last 10 years, on a Compro VideoMate E900F card and is loaded device driver properly like it did in MC29, but settings, device comes up empty.

This is all I had to setup several years ago before the tuner would be recognised.

Are you still able to load the device in MC29?

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2022, 02:59:53 am »

Thanks Yoabing - I will test it out. I will have never really gone backwards in versions before...
David
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2022, 05:52:01 am »

No devices in both MC29, and MC30 while on my old PC MC29 had them loaded automatically. Must be something upstream of JRiver. Thanks I will continue to look elsewhere.

David
Dave
------

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2022, 07:53:49 am »

No devices in both MC29, and MC30 while on my old PC MC29 had them loaded automatically. Must be something upstream of JRiver. Thanks I will continue to look elsewhere.
Check the firewall and antivirus.

Make sure Media Network is checked in settings.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2022, 01:07:52 pm »

David

You likely will need to install the device driver for the tuner.

Go to Windows Device Manager and see if you can find your device listed.  The most likely section where it should be listed is "Sound, video and game controllers", but it may also be found in other sections.   If you find it, right-click and choose "Scan for hardware changes".  Windows will try finding and installing the driver for it.  If that fails, you should go to the manufacturer's site and download the driver installer from them directly.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2022, 09:31:50 pm »

Thanks Yaobing. It has the right windows driver loaded and the right version. Something else is happening which I will have to work out...
Dave
------
Pages: [1]   Go Up