INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any means of Interpolating to achive 60 FPS at realtime  (Read 454 times)

udhay111

• Recent member
Any means of Interpolating to achive 60 FPS at realtime
« on: October 06, 2022, 08:59:08 am »

Some have tried Splash Pro video player, one can see that it plays 30fps videos in 60 fps by using some kind of motion interpolation technology. JRiver somehow managed to employ technology want to somehow use that technology to process my 30fps videos to 60 or higher fps. With the use of modern GPUs this can be enhanced with modern AI routines (DLSS).

justsomeguy

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Any means of Interpolating to achive 60 FPS at realtime
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 04:53:43 pm »

https://www.svp-team.com/

Setup MC like this:

eve

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Any means of Interpolating to achive 60 FPS at realtime
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2022, 09:42:53 pm »

Yeah SVP is the only one in the game (real time) right now that I know of.

Offline is significantly better if you have the resources (time and processing) but it's very far from set and forget.
Scene / shot detection is alright but nowhere near where it needs to be, you absolutely have to manually hint your inputs to tell whatever interpolation method you pick to stop trying to interpolate across shot transitions (or yell at it to not break the 'flow' thinking its another shot in extremely fast motion situations).

I do semi automated upscaling of SD masters to 1080P (for production) and 4K (for myself) and by now, it's pretty hands off if your sources are decent, you know the lineage and understand what works well with said material. Motion interpolation will get there though.
I have a feeling if you give it a year or two SVP will have a few competitors. Nvidia's new gen of optical flow / interpolation stuff really hinges on access to the motion vectors (which of course you wont have with video) but I wouldn't be surprised if the overall implementation has gotten way better. Guess we'll find out pretty soon.

The thing about SVP is it's a whole package that ACTUALLY works on Windows out of the box pretty easily. Yeah, you can roll your own AVISynth scripts and setup a filter graph to do it all in a player of your choosing but that's like, out of most people's depth. I've played with SVP a bit, it's not for me but it's honestly decent.
Pages: [1]   Go Up