INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCC does not support file tagging via command line?  (Read 887 times)

afora

• Recent member
MCC does not support file tagging via command line?
« on: October 10, 2022, 09:14:58 pm »

I wanted to associate a keyboard shortcut with an arbitrary tag pair for the currently playing track. Unfortunately apart from /mcc 10023,X which supports rating assignment, I cannot seem to find anything else in the library.

Could anyone confirm if it's even possible?

Many thanks!

afora

• Recent member
Re: MCC does not support file tagging via command line?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2022, 10:18:13 pm »

Just bumping up my question - could anybody suggest how to tag the currently playing track from the command line.

Many thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2022, 07:35:26 am »

Did you look in the DevZone at MCWS?

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022, 09:47:48 am »

What are you actually trying to accomplish?  Taking your question all by itself (without context) it seems pretty odd.

Brian.

eve

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2022, 04:16:17 pm »

What are you actually trying to accomplish?  Taking your question all by itself (without context) it seems pretty odd.

Brian.

He wants to 'tag' a playing file with a specific, pre determined tag, using a hotkey. I can't find anything in MCC that lets you do this but MCWS can

SetInfo
         Set information about a file object.
         Parameters:
            File: The key of the file. (default: -1)
            FileType: The type of value provided in 'File' (Key: file key; Filename: filename of file). (default: Key)
            Field: The field to set. (default: )
            Value: The value to set the field to. (default: )
            List: Set to 'CSV' and comma delimit (RFC 4180) the field and value to set multiple values in one call. (default: )
            Formatted: Set to 1 if you're passing a formatted value (like a formatted date). (default: 1)

I don't know if -1 is the currently playing file (it might be) so lets do this in steps. Ask JRiver for the currently playing file and get it's key, then run the SetInfo passing that file key + whatever field / value you're looking for. You can do this with autohotkey and curl probably. If you have problems with Curl popping up a prompt briefly, you can just use something like NirCMD to run it silently.

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2022, 08:02:45 pm »

I understand what afora is asking to do.  I was trying to find out why.  The end goal.  What it will achieve.  Other than setting a tag.  It seems unusual which implies that there might be another solution to reach the same goal. 

Brian.

afora

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2022, 08:47:52 pm »

Thanks Brian for trying to help out.

I'm trying to have a particular field to be tagged from a remote control as I listen to my tracks. It's a custom field that I created myself. I can map several remote control keys to different commands in the operating system, I just need to be able for those commands to translate into a specific value that is assigned to that tag of the playing track.

Perhaps, I missed another way of dealing with this?

eve

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2022, 05:04:38 pm »

Thanks Brian for trying to help out.

I'm trying to have a particular field to be tagged from a remote control as I listen to my tracks. It's a custom field that I created myself. I can map several remote control keys to different commands in the operating system, I just need to be able for those commands to translate into a specific value that is assigned to that tag of the playing track.

Perhaps, I missed another way of dealing with this?

Read my answer. You can make it work with that. Use Curl to make 2 mcws requests, 1 to get the currently playing item's file key, for the next one you'll supply that file key returned from the previous call into the SetInfo MCWS command along with your Field + Value , again using Curl.
Pages: [1]   Go Up