INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Assign Audience Members to a Series  (Read 195 times)

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
Assign Audience Members to a Series
« on: October 16, 2022, 09:51:18 am »

I have a small “inconvenience” I would like to fix, but I have a “catch-22”.
I would like to share it and see if you experts can think of a way out.

TV Shows are kept on the server all in one main subdirectory.

The family has several subgroups that watch TV together. Those groups watch different shows.
Instead of wading through all of them, I set up an audience field (with help here).
You assign an audience member to a show[Series], and all episodes are marked for that audience.
That works fine. As long as there are episodes unwatched. New ones come in and the rule assigns the audience member and away we go.
But it requires there be shows in the view. If all are watched there are none in the view and the audience member is forgotten.
The “DATA for this new field (Audience) is set to
String
And under relational it says
“store one value for each series”
Then a list of acceptable audience members.

For example. Wife watches the voice. When a new episode “arrives”, and she is not caught up on at least one previous episode it matches the audience with the one still there. But if all are watched, there is no other to match and the new episode gets no audience member assigned and has to be fetched manually.

I have a complicated system where it shows all shows unwatched AND shows watched in the last two weeks, which keep old episodes alive in the view long enough to mark new episodes.
But we have to scroll past those episodes to get to the new.  No way to hide watched episodes and still have the audience field get autofilled.

Do you all see anyway around that? Or another way to make sure one audience member always gets his shows when he picks his name from the list of audience members. (really slick in Theater view with drop downs for the different groups.)

Thanks 
Don
Pages: [1]   Go Up