INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC29 - My personal bug list  (Read 449 times)

AndreaT

• World Citizen
MC29 - My personal bug list
« on: October 17, 2022, 01:47:41 am »

Hello,

this email just to list the bugs I found and that are still affecting the current MC 29 at the date of 17 Oct 2022:

1) Interface freeze and then MC29 crashes on multiple / fast interface actions (e.g.: clicking a custom view, then click play view, then click something else)
2) MC29 crashes after long on-pause
3) MC29 audio streams unexpectedly freeze / cut for few seconds in the middle of a play ... and then restarts (no crash, but it is a pity...)
4) MC29 when displayed full screen on the main Windows display, on selection a new view, it bounces resizing the view up/down covering also the task-bar. This annoying behavior does not happen if MC29 is displayed on a secondary Windws display not having the task-bar.

And, for me a key missing feature I am asking since MC23:
- I really would like to have a "by folder structure consolidated view of the library" as it has Foobar2000.

All the best
Andrea 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC29 - My personal bug list
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 07:50:50 am »

Configure Windows Defender.  There is a thread on this forum.

Don't run any other antivirus.

Location of the files?

We're no longer working on MC29 and the crashes you're seeing are not common.

We have no plans to change file browsing.  I assume you know there is an Explorer view under Drives and Devices.

AndreaT

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 08:05:19 am »

Configure Windows Defender.  There is a thread on this forum.

Don't run any other antivirus.

Location of the files?

We're no longer working on MC29 and the crashes you're seeing are not common.

We have no plans to change file browsing.  I assume you know there is an Explorer view under Drives and Devices.

Hello JimH,
on my Windows 10, 32bit, only MS Defender is installed and (as I already wrote many times), I configured it as you recommend.
My audio files are in 4 (four) external USB 3.0 HDDs, while my C: system HD is a solid state 256GB disk (SDD) internally installed (SATA).

I am aware of the Explorer view. The point is that it does not provide a "by structure" consolidated view (in your default view, each HDD is shown split/independent).
What I am asking for (since MC23 when I bough my first license) is something as described (and partially implemented) in this thread: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,131890.msg914264.html#msg914264

All the best
Andrea

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2022, 08:39:49 am »

Expect no change in Explorer.

Test without USB drives.  What are they plugged into? Try something else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up