INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: setting mc as default player  (Read 1789 times)

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
setting mc as default player
« on: March 02, 2003, 12:24:41 am »

hi. any idea how i do this? i'm using windows xp home, and mc is not listed in cdplayer/properties/autorun. musicmatch is, as that is what i used to use, until last week. but that is no longer where i want to when inserting cds or mp3s. any help would be appreciated.

tia,
ole k

konicky

• Recent member
Re: setting mc as default player
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2003, 08:49:49 am »

Have you ticked 'Associate with Audio CD's' in File Associations?
"The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn't being said" (P.Drucker)

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2003, 10:27:48 am »

Hi Ole ... Make sure checkmarks are showing next to the file types you want MC to autoplay in Tools > Options > File Associations.

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2003, 06:06:47 am »

Hi Ole ... Make sure checkmarks are showing next to the file types you want MC to autoplay in Tools > Options > File Associations.

Hi, Markeau. Thanks to you (and to Konicky) for your replies. Yes, I have set MC to associate with all files types, just to be sure. Still nothing happens when I insert a music CD. Running XP, when I click my computer\CDStation\properties\autorun, I only have the following possibilities: Play RealOne Player, play with MusicMatch, play with Windows Media, or do nothing. MC does not appear in this list, and as a result of this (?) it won't start playing at all . . . . :-(

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2003, 06:26:06 am »

Yeah I see what you mean, I don't have MC in that list either and audio cd's do not start playing nor is anything asked when inserted.  If MC (124) is not started nothing happens, and if MC *is* already started inserting an audio cd starts playing what was previously in the Playing Now instead of playing the cd!

Hey everybody, is auto-play working for anyone using XP?  I've got all the MC associations set properly and Audio CD set to Play when inserted in Device Settings, plus in XP I've got the AutoPlay properties for Music CD (which I assume means audio cd) set for Play Audio CD using mjextman (and I rebooted).  Still an audio cd won't start playing when inserted.

Plus, there is no entry for MJ/MC for AutoPlay of "Music Files" (which I assume are mp3's, etc).

Marko

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2003, 10:19:02 am »

Using XP pro sp1 here, and in "my computer", right clicking any of my cd drives, choosing properties, then going to the autoplay tab, selecting music cd from the drop down list and "play audio cd using mjextman" is an option for me.

this works well now too. One thing you could try, is in the tools > options > file assoc'ns dialogue of MC, remove the tick from the .cda file extension in the scrollable list, and leave the "associate with audio cd's" ticked in the bottom of the main area of this dialogue.
That's how mine is set atm, and I've no problems with it.

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2003, 10:39:04 am »

I have the option to play CDs with mjextman.exe...

Win XP Home SP1

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2003, 11:33:44 am »

OK I got "Music CD" to autoplay, I forgot I had manually disabled autorun in the registry.  But there is still no mjextman listed for "Music Files" (mp3 files).

Update:
I logged this problem in the 124 bug thread

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2003, 11:39:10 am »

Am I supposed to find Mjextman somewhere on my computer? When doing a search, the only place it shows is in the C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder. Is that right?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2003, 12:08:32 pm »

That's the right location.
Pages: [1]   Go Up